Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"i'm not your slave and you're not my master."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:05pm
I didn't like Django either.
He was uppity as freak .

And didnt have alot of compassion for the other slaves.
But I was thinking he did that scene with the dogs bc he had to play a part to get to his wife and Shultz got out of character

Edited by jonesable - Jan 13 2013 at 10:06pm
Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:10pm
Yeah Django was uppity. I didn't like that he didn't show any guilt or any emotion towards getting that slave killed. He also seemed to like being "above" the other slaves. He was quick to put them in their place whenever necessary.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 1:53am

I haven't see the movie yet.   

QT is a strange dude, and eccentric, but I can say one thing I know to be true: HE IS NOT A RACIST. 

I think in a way,  he has forgotten that he is white.  He will pop off saying things  and think nothing about it until someone says, hey man, wtf?  He is very cameleon like.  He is wierd, but HOLLYWOOD will do that to you.  That's why I don't live there anymore.

As someone has said, his movies have been controversial from the beginning of his career.  He often goes against the grain and does sh1t cause he can, and because he dares to.  He also keeps a lot of black folks working in film.  White Hollywood is none to pleased about it, but when the money comes rolling in they shut up and stick out their hands for a piece of the action.  I take the publicity with a grain of salt.  It's entertainment, not real.  But that doesn't mean that sh1t can't portray what happened irl. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:19am
django was uppity?

i thought he had a role to play

act too slaveish and you were a dead man, being a sympathetic niguh would have been seen as aweakness like how are you a sympathetic niguh and here you are trying to play the role of a mandigo fight master? no comprende no?

i do agree that he could have been more helpful to the other slaves being transported or banded up with them

the one thing that stuck out to me though was as much s he was a free man, he still took orders from dr schultz

but tbh i never looked that much into the movie
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

django was uppity?

i thought he had a role to play

act too slaveish and you were a dead man, being a sympathetic niguh would have been seen as aweakness like how are you a sympathetic niguh and here you are trying to play the role of a mandigo fight master? no comprende no?

i do agree that he could have been more helpful to the other slaves being transported or banded up with them

the one thing that stuck out to me though was as much s he was a free man, he still took orders from dr schultz

but tbh i never looked that much into the movie

he wasn't technically a free man until he finished working with schultz. Remember that schultz said "you help me and pretend to be a freeman".. and that he will help him get his wife back then his freedom. But he had to listen to Dr.schultz first and finish their mission.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

not sure how Django was uppity....or how he was responsible for that slave's death...

he wasn't he just pretended to be, he even told cora to, "get the hell away from those qwhite people" LOL
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:31am
I thought the dog scene was a test to see, like Afro said, if he would be sympathetic to the slaves, or if they were seriously trying to buy a fighter-well a winner. Because that is what got them in Candie's graces and on his property after all.

I would have liked to see him empower another slave or free man and not be on that "I am one in 10,000" or whatever the line was.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

naw Django was free after they killed those 3 brothers...cause Schultz was like "i can't see myself letting u go to Mississippi alone, i never gave a man his freedom before....." 

but a negro still ain't free in MississippiLOL
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

I thought the dog scene was a test to see, like Afro said, if he would be sympathetic to the slaves, or if they were seriously trying to buy a fighter-well a winner. Because that is what got them in Candie's graces and on his property after all.

I would have liked to see him empower another slave or free man and not be on that "I am one in 10,000" or whatever the line was.

true.. he was basically saying that Candie was right in his theories.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:36am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

true.. he was basically saying that Candie was right in his theories.

But...I don't feel like he was right. He was trained. Granted many things take some sort of natural talent but he was trained and practiced to become that good.

Edited by tasty0619 - Jan 14 2013 at 3:38am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>