Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"i'm not your slave and you're not my master."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I do agree with this though:

<<“I liked the black characters in Glory,” says Hudlin, whose great-grandfather was a conductor on the Underground Railroad. “Didn’t see the point of the white ones. The true story was the slaves in the film. They should have been the main ­focal point of the entire plot. But somehow no one figured that out.”>>

i dont even remember the whites in that movieOuch

but i do agree with the part about the black guy not whipping his master. aint no slave not taking that opportunityLOL

wasnt roots directed by a white man?
Sponsored Links

Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I am not watching. I didn't watch the nazi one either

This.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:05am
That article/interview happened over a month ago, weeks before the official release of the movie. Nobody cared.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:13pm
He's so ew to me. From his face to his movies. Ewh.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

I have to rewatch the Roots miniseries from the 70s. It's funny how much they trying to push Django as a black empowerment film.

I watched it when it was on during Christmas.
I hated it....it was terrible. Confused
It didn't move me at all. 
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:18pm
y'all gat QT talking with his chest...watch the NAACP Awards give him best movie and best director LOL
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:54pm
After reading the article I kinda agree. Some things in Roots were sensationalized. However, some things rang true and hit your heart a bit. I do like that Django shed light on a few things that are constantly glossed over. Like he said-black (slave) marriage and how serious it was to them. And how many times if they found out about it the couple would be sold to separate plantations. Also, the mandingo fighting, and the torture that went beyond being whipped-like rape and Broomhilda's character being kept in the sweatbox or whatever for days.
astokes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

After reading the article I kinda agree. Some things in Roots were sensationalized. However, some things rang true and hit your heart a bit. I do like that Django shed light on a few things that are constantly glossed over. Like he said-black (slave) marriage and how serious it was to them. And how many times if they found out about it the couple would be sold to separate plantations. Also, the mandingo fighting, and the torture that went beyond being whipped-like rape and Broomhilda's character being kept in the sweatbox or whatever for days.
"

and I looooovvvved the movie but i like all qt movies 

Edited by astokes - Jan 13 2013 at 1:14pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:40pm
I think if Django was directed by a black man, a lot of these comments would be non-existent. African Americans don't seem to like the idea of a 'black movie' done by a white man. Then again, it doesn't seem like any black producers/directors are interested in doing a movie like this either.
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:57pm
Idt I like QT from this interview...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style