Perfect Hair Collection

I'm not retaining length?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:16pm
Wow.  I lost 2-3 inches  from breakage this week. Wow.
Sponsored Links

AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

I didn't think that was possible Shocked

How OP?

Cry
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 7:01am
I don't even know. I measure my hair exactly one week ago and it was 9 inches. This week6 with like stands at 7. Idk how this happened. A fist full of hair came out. They are suggesting that I cut 3 inches butter um my hair is only 6 inches. No way I'm rocking 3 inches.
I think the breakage resulted from clarifying my hair then using bentonite clay. I did a protein treatment then a deep conditioner. Maybe the protein treatment went bad.
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:33pm

2-3 inches??? Ouch  That is some serious breakage.  Is your hair feeling brittle?
Patricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

^^That's exactly what I mean.  What Ms. Blue said.

Also, I used to think that Suave didn't work for me but I've found that ONLY the Suave Tropical Coconut condish works for me and I use it to cowash, as a leave-in and in my moisturizing spray mix.  V05 Moisture Milks don't work for my hair hair but I like the Tea Therapy.

Glycerine is not welcomed in my hair.  I've tried the Scurl and homemade glycerine mixes and neither gave me good results.

I think that since you like twists, you should try to work with them.
Moisturize and seal daily or even twice a day.
Full head baggy at night (if you need extra moisture)
Consistently DC with a moisturizing DC
Add in a light protein to help with strength and retention
Keep those ends sealed and tucked away -- find cute styles to pin your hair into or cover with satin and rock a tam/beret, wig or headwrap.

If it gets really cold where you live, I would suggest covering your hair during the colder months.
Sounds good to me
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 5:17pm

Nope^^Could you explain or post from links?

it is the tightly curly method - http://www.tightlycurly.com - and the idea is that instead of rinsing out your conditioner, you leave it in after you wash your hair.  so, no separate leave-in conditioner (which the creator of the tc method considers way too watery).  conditioner deposits conditioning agents on your hair and you refresh your hair, as needed, with conditioner.  so, instead of the LOC method, you focus on conditioners, which should contain all of these things and you can occasionally add oils or butters to your ends.  

i have only been on week 1 of this method and it is working out well so far.  granted, i am in mini twists so that fact may be affecting things. i have no idea how this method would work on my loose, very kinky hair.  we will see, but so far so good.  i have been using renpure and v05 (surprisingly) as the conditioner to leave in.  today, i try purabodynaturals dc as the conditioner to leave in. 
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by eboni1 eboni1 wrote:

loose puff and moisturise with water,vegetable glycerin and some oils.put your hair in large twist every 3 days and take them out in the morning to give your puff an extra umpftBig smile

^^^^
This is what I do, but I wear my hair up in a high ponytail with kanekalon wrapped around my nat hair.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

2-3 inches??? Ouch  That is some serious breakage.  Is your hair feeling brittle?
I have to give you an answer when I take down my twists on the 10th or the 17th.  I just did the Tightly Curly method, so it feels better. Before it did feel bitter.  It would just snap constantly.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

Nope^^Could you explain or post from links?

it is the tightly curly method - http://www.tightlycurly.com - and the idea is that instead of rinsing out your conditioner, you leave it in after you wash your hair.  so, no separate leave-in conditioner (which the creator of the tc method considers way too watery).  conditioner deposits conditioning agents on your hair and you refresh your hair, as needed, with conditioner.  so, instead of the LOC method, you focus on conditioners, which should contain all of these things and you can occasionally add oils or butters to your ends.  

i have only been on week 1 of this method and it is working out well so far.  granted, i am in mini twists so that fact may be affecting things. i have no idea how this method would work on my loose, very kinky hair.  we will see, but so far so good.  i have been using renpure and v05 (surprisingly) as the conditioner to leave in.  today, i try purabodynaturals dc as the conditioner to leave in. 
I did this yesterday and my hair feels quite nice.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 11:47pm
How is your diet? Could be an internal issue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style