Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im Natural, Youre Natural....Acknowledge Me
    Posted: May 15 2010 at 11:34pm

In my day to day life, I have Natural Hair Radar now a days and when I see another natural I sort of stare at them until they acknowledge me and when they don't look I get upsetWacko huh? Well I just feel that we should at least smile at each other just to show our appreciation of the beauty of Us....IMO.

Am I crazy? Ok don't answer that....but do You want Acknowledgement from the In Your Face day to day Natural Sistah's and some Bro's that You encounter?

Edited by Bored w/Out Me? - May 15 2010 at 11:34pm
Sponsored Links

AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 12:07am
XD you're not TOO crazy :P

I've had naturals acknowledge me and compliment my hair then talk about theirs for a second. I would like it if we did acknowledge each other more, but it's just enough for me to see each other. Today I saw a natural with a nice little colored fro working at JC Penny. I was wearing my little curly fro too. XD I didn't say anything to her, but I saw her and that was enough for me. But I do wonder if she saw me.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 4:06am

~Pinch`~

prettypeal09 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 4:15am
You know I have thought the same thing before.  I have been completely natural, fro and all, for almost a year now.  I live in a small town, but I proudly rock my fro.  I remember it was about four months after my BC, and I saw this woman with long, beautiful locs and I felt this strange sense of kindredness lol.  We talked for a few moments since she was a friend of my mother, and I am sure she noticed my fro but it was like we wanted to say something but we didn't (as crazy as that sounds).
Special1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 8:01am
LOL, no, I don't get upset at all. When I do encounter another natural and eye contact is made, I give a small smile, they usually give one back. To me, we have acknowledged each other without having to say a word.
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 8:25am
^^^ THIS
I don't get upset if they don't acknowledge me though being natural isn't all that important to some. I think when I first went natural I kinda thought of it as a secret club, but it's not. More and more people are doing it, I think a lot are doing it because it's a fad now
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 8:34am
^^^ this.

and when i was wearing my weave the last few months, everyone thought i was natural.  so i could not bring myself to acknowledge anyone.  it would be like i was fronting! lol
hair2day317 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 9:39am
Yesterday I saw a natural and I felt a sort of kindredness....we made eye contact and I think we were both thinking, "hey another natural!" But that was it. I don't get mad if they don't acknowledge me but I think a lot is said in the eye contact. I also agree that it's a fad right now. I wonder how many ladies will still be natural ten years from now....
Im_A_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by CincygirlD CincygirlD wrote:

More and more people are doing it, I think a lot are doing it because it's a fad now

Hopefully it's not a fad
CityGirl81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Special1 Special1 wrote:

LOL, no, I don't get upset at all. When I do encounter another natural and eye contact is made, I give a small smile, they usually give one back. To me, we have acknowledged each other without having to say a word.

This is so true!  I happen to be walking though downtown the other day saw a lady with beautiful locs I was just compelled to compliment her.  Come to find out we are sorority sisters.  Usually other naturals see me and think its all non verbal, like yeah we aren't the norm and we are proud of it.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic