FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Im making a WIG! Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im making a WIG! Help?
    Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:04pm
Hey ladies! I have a few questions ...

I'm making a wig and will probably use a glue gun. 

1) I'm using a lace frontal instead of a lace closure. It measures 13x4 (see below to see what it looks like). How do I go about attaching the frontal onto the wig? I know how to make a upart wig and attach a closure but what about a frontal? It extends from ear to ear. Do I get a dome cap and just put it on the front? Do I cut the dome cap like I would for a 3/4 wig? I have NO IDEA what do because I've never seen this done. 

** the reason for me using a lace frontal is because I like to do a half up half down style with the hair slicked back. If I made a 3/4 wig with a closure and did this, you'd be able to see the front of the wefts on the side. My edges are growing but I don't want to stress my hair out attempting to gel it in to the hair so that it covers the wefts. 

2) How do I go about attaching a frontal without damaging the lace? With a glue gun? Weave glue? Thread? 

3) I've owned a couple of Full Lace wigs and have cut the lace all the way off so over time the front of the wig starts folding up and u can see the brown part. Am I not supposed to cut lace all the way off? 

4) My head isn't big but I made a wig out of a dome cap and had a problem with it not being able to stretch over my head fully. When I put the dome cap on my head before attaching the wefts, it was fine! Needless to say, it didn't work out. Are there any alternatives to a dome cap but will work as easily? Or did I just have bad luck with this one? 

5) What is the best Youtube wig tut you've seen?
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 10:26pm
BUMP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 2:25pm
.... bump
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:36am
BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPP
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:18am
Oh, wig making is so hard.  I tried it one time and it was a ROYAL FAIL, and so time consuming. 
GOOD LUCK.
godgavemecurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godgavemecurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:39pm
Since you're using a lace frontal you need a good base that's structured to add it to.
Instead of the stretch cap I would use an actual weaving cap that looks like what you'd get in a BSS wig (2nd image image, @ BSS) *sew the frontal on here, then cut away the extra netting from the cap*
Or get a glueless lace wig cap, that you can replace the lace in the front with your frontal (1st image, you can get these off ebay) *Sew the frontal on, don't glue it, otherwise you probably will not be able to use it again*
Good luck, I'm not ambitious enough to attempt this!

Edited by godgavemecurls - Feb 06 2014 at 2:41pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply