BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Im having a problem with a mentees...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Ladydlite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladydlite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im having a problem with a mentees...
    Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 11:42am
....parent! Have you ever had the parent of your mentee ask you for money or begin to blow up your phone? I find that I am running into this issue. I've had to turn her down for things in the past, but she has crossed the line. I have been advised (by other people) to stop mentoring her child, but I feel that would punish the child for the actions of their parent. Help!
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 12:17pm
Whats a mentee?
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 12:21pm
The mentee is the person/child she is mentoring.

Never had this issue, sorry.

I think i'd just let the parent know that I have to use my money for my own life, but suggest some options that she herself may be able to try. Job resources, things like that.

Edited by Derri - Nov 09 2013 at 12:24pm
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 12:24pm
Oh I thought it was like slang for a man. I was like what is a menteeConfused
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 12:25pm
Unfortunately, sometimes this is what you have to deal with.

Document it...make sure you send a text or email and save it. Send it to whoever is also running your program. Have that person talk to the parent if necessary.

And accept that the parent may not want you to mentor their child anymore. It's unfortunate but I've seen it happen a lot.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 12:27pm
what are they asking for money for op? Like food, or to pay bills or something?
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:34pm
I think you need to set boundries with the parent. If she needs help refer her to an appropriate source. Maybe she thinks of you as a FRIEND or a Social WORKER! Tell her what your role is so she understands... many parents need mentors themselves. I know I could use a few
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:41pm
Shoot, even a social worker ain't givin' cash to clients. I'll be keepin' my coins thank you lol.

Why does she need money for? Maybe she needs to be pointed in the direction of a goodwill for clothing or social services to help with bills.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:54pm
Your dealing with the kind of person who has pestered their way into others pockets by non stop begging so You have to be very firm and tell her NO. If You have to, get a little mean with it...
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 2:46pm
PERSONALLY I have been in situations were I'm trying to Help....someone....yet their family view me as.....Sunshine the "fat" cat with money to burn, so they begged me to DEATH. 
I thought I was helping to later discover....that everyone was "in" on the joke but ME....
I hate to say this but sometimes, the child is in on the plan also. They are in the house and hear what their parents plan to do. 

There  are some people out here that are just plain users....they will use you and TAKE, TAKE, TAKE....then later call you "stupid" or I'm just using her,etc.

NOW....when I'm asked...I .Look them straight in the EYE...and say...I'd love to help but I just don't
have it.

I could have a million dollars in my purse, but I don't have it to GIVE YOU!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic