Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
bright1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im Going Natural Again
    Posted: May 16 2008 at 7:54am
This will be my second time transitioning. I had my last touch up in Feburary and i have a pretty good amount of new growth. I was getting my hair "tex-laxed" and i don't know what i was thinking because i don't need chemicals in my hair.

I am currently wearing half wigs & stocking cap wigs to transition & i keep my hair braided underneath. 

Edited by bright1 - May 16 2008 at 7:55am
Sponsored Links

nappyhead23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 8:02am
Congrats Clap
_alissoa_ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:58am
congratulations.. you'll receive alot of support here .. HHG Wink
SEXYMAMA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:23am

congratulationsThumbs%20Up

Samirah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 8:29am

Congrats!!! I do have to add this one thing...I would really try to get away from the wigs and even some of the extensions...only reason I say that is imo it is so hard to love your own hair when you are still wearing someone elses. When I started my tranistion I did it with braids and a weave in back. it was hard taking out all that hair and looking at my own...not saying everyone will feel that way but just a word of caution because those things can make you feel less pretty when you start looking at your own hair

heavenly_haven View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by bright1 bright1 wrote:

This will be my second time transitioning. I had my last touch up in Feburary and i have a pretty good amount of new growth. I was getting my hair "tex-laxed" and i don't know what i was thinking because i don't need chemicals in my hair.

I am currently wearing half wigs & stocking cap wigs to transition & i keep my hair braided underneath. 

Congrats on coming back to the natural side!! I transitioned with a wig as well because I didn't want to stress my fragile hair with styles or heat. Once I BCed it was like WHOA, hair was feeling lovely and looking beautiful.  Look around and ask questions so once you BCed you'll be in the know.Wink
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 12:13pm
Congrats.  I hope your transition goes well.
Miss.Flirtydiva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Samirah Samirah wrote:

Congrats!!! I do have to add this one thing...I would really try to get away from the wigs and even some of the extensions...only reason I say that is imo it is so hard to love your own hair when you are still wearing someone elses. When I started my tranistion I did it with braids and a weave in back. it was hard taking out all that hair and looking at my own...not saying everyone will feel that way but just a word of caution because those things can make you feel less pretty when you start looking at your own hair

Yes she's right! However, you can wear them until you BC because those creamy crack ends will drive you crazy. They are so ugly in my opinion. My straw sets were cute with the ends though. Anything that hides them like braids and phony ponies are nice. Once you wash your hair and you see those ends your going to want to hide them until your comfortable to cut them nasty buggers off. LOL
It was hard for me to love my hair when I took my weave out in January. It was weird because I do love being natural and will never ever go back to a relaxer. I took the weave out and I felt uncomfortable and dependent on someone else's hairShocked. So after a few days feeling like this, one morning while  I was on my way to the grocery store I saw a woman with a TWA. She was so beautiful. Just the look of her natural beauty woke me up. It's like God was saying this is the reason you went natural. To show your real beauty, to inspire other women. That day I ran home DC"d my hair, did some twist and volia I was in love again. Now I vow anytime I wear a weave. It will always be very very close to my natural texture and never will I wear it longer than 8 weeks then giving my natural hair 3 months of love and care.

Good luck Bright 1. You will find support here whenever you get discouraged. These ladies helped me in my time of need.Embarrassed
naturalgurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:30pm
YAYYYYYYY! Congrats on beginning a new journey!
GeminiSun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 9:18pm

Congrats Bright1! Have fun with the wigs... Sounds like fun but will it be hot during the summer?  I tansitioned with my hair in a bun, it was extra boring but neat and cute...

Welcome back to the natural side sis!!Hug

Edited by GeminiSun - May 20 2008 at 9:19pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic