Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Im getting a kitty tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:37pm
Thank you Sunshine and Purp these are some good tips!
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 5:02pm
you're welcome Lacey
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 12:33pm
also I forgot to mention....

if you want him to wear those pretty cat collars start now while he is young.  I waited too long and my cat won't wear them

here are a few links -

these are the cat toys that my cats LOVE - but they are only sold on amazon

this is the item I put under my cats litter box - it catches the litter and if an "accident occurs it protect
the floor.  This one is thicker than the one in pet smart and nothing gets through it.

litter mat

also when you go to the pet aisle look for a - cleaning spray for cat urine.  trust me...an accident will happen and I was not prepared initially -

this is the one I use - you don't need a LOT...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 1:16pm
Thank you sunshine! When I clean the litter box it makes me want to vomit, I didn't know cat piss smelled so bad. I think the poop is not that horrible it's more the piss, I'm going to have to get a mask.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 1:19pm
OMG I live for those collars!

Pet Jewelry, Dog Necklace, Pet Necklace, Dog Collar, Pet Collar, Rhinestone Collar, Pet Costume, Dog Costume

Edited by laceyfront - May 26 2013 at 1:22pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 1:49pm
self cleaning litter box?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

self cleaning litter box?

I'm gonna look them up!
AffirmativeBunny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AffirmativeBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 9:07pm
Congrats Lacey!!! Clap
Don't listen to the haters, cats are AWESOME!!!
Feel free to re-join the Official Cat Thread now.. we'll be nice
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 9:57am
Oh Lacey....I'm sorry to hear of the litter smell but I think it "MIGHT" be the brand of litter you are using. 

I pray a petsmart is near you.  It is the cheapest place for supplies and through my experience some of the most advertised litters don't work well.  I use - the brand called ExquisiCat® Scoop Litter.

The link below is just one of the types available.  I have one cat but have used multiple cat and non multiple cat letter versions.  BUT I USE unscented.  The link below is just and example of the box.  In the store the cost is 12.00 for 40 lbs and 9.99 for 25 lbs.

It is scoopable litter so when socks  (my cat) uses the litter it clumps like a ball.  Also their is no scent. 

I have used other brands and this one works the  best for me.  I don't think you will need a mask.  Also, I tend to wait and not do the litter right after cat uses the litter. 

Also food is cheaper at petco/pet smart stores.

Remember, for your dry food, and since you only have one cat.  I put my cat food in a Tupperware type cereal container - like this....it does NOT have to be Tupperware - any Rubbermaid - walmart/target/CVS food container that keeps food airtight.  THis will ensure that the cats food stays fresh.  I bought a container large enough for the small bag.  I don't buy the super large bags of dry food because it takes too long for one cat to finish.  SO the only food I buy at petsmart is the can food - I used to buy fancy feast kitten.  Which cats LOVE.  Fancy feast is like CRACK to cats.  So I only give my cat fancy feast on SUNDAYS as a treat.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 10:00am
Forgot to mention....

on etsy....if you want a collar for a cat....instead of a dog....

EMAIL THE SELLER
TELL THEM YOU HAVE A CAT
MEASURE YOUR CATS NECK SIZE
REMEMBER TO ADD AT LEAST 1 INCH
SOME OF THE VENDORS ALREADY HAVE CAT MEASUREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE SO THEY
MIGHT TELL YOU TO ADD A SPECIFIC AMOUNT EXTRA IN YOUR MEASUREMENTS LIKE 1 1/2 INCHES.

CHECK WITH THEM..

GOOD LUCK,
SUNSHINE
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon