FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIm getting a kitty tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 12:02pm
ewwwww
Sponsored Links

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

^ Same here, Alias. My kitty smells like baby powder as well - strange how that is. I do wipe his bum with baby wipes, but that shouldn't determine the scent of his fur lol.

Lacey, maybe both Evil SmileLOL. You may be asleep and one of your fingers just happens to creep under the sheets, and kitty will be right there to attack it lol.
Im kind of scared of animals Cry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

ewwwww
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:41pm
Get him aquainted with His carrying bag so it is not hard for you to take him to the vet later on. Watch his diet. Try feeding him good food like WEllness.  

Have fun.....sometimes I regret not getting him another cat to play with b/c he might be lonely but it is too late now.

tiger is adorableeeeeeeeeeeeee
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Just like any other animal, a cat will only stink if you don't take care of it and don't clean its litter box.  Unless they knew before hand, no one has ever guessed that there is a cat in the house.

same here. My cats don't like people, so they hide whenever anyone comes by. Most folks have no clue that we have cats. And everybody always raves about how nice our house smells.

When I first got my cats, I was leery of smells too. I used to bury my nose in my cat's fur LOL to try to see if they smelled; but I could never smell anything; like they were odorless.  I'm sensitive to smells and I can't stand to even have garbage in the house more than a day. So I have to keep it smelling good/clean--not perfumey.

eta: now as far as poop smelling, they will put out what they take in LOL. If the poop is smelly, try changing foods.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Get him aquainted with His carrying bag so it is not hard for you to take him to the vet later on. Watch his diet. Try feeding him good food like WEllness.  

Have fun.....sometimes I regret not getting him another cat to play with b/c he might be lonely but it is too late now.

tiger is adorableeeeeeeeeeeeee

ok thanks. I don't think I cold handle more than one LOL

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:08pm
co sign about getting him used to his carrier. I have several carriers, and we leave 2 of them out all the time for them to use as cat beds/huts. That way they don't fear the 'carrier' because they think of it as a comfy bed.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:25pm
Give the cat a chance to get used to home

show lots of affection.  if you pick up, talk to your cat a lot, give him lots of love...he will give it back 10 fold.

buy fragrance free litter and try and stay with one brand.  remember, he may miss the litter box sometimes but don't hit him because he is a "child". 

Don't hit your cat, he will become scared of YOU and never forget.

Find a petsmart or petco near you, they sell letter in 40 lb boxes.  I buy 1 box and it lasts at a minimum of 1 month.

do the litter 2 times a day. I do it first thing when I get up and when I get home from work.  Remember this phrase...

His litter box is like your bathroom toilet.  Would you want to use a toilet that was full of waste??

Also remember, cats like CLEAN things so, EXPECT and understand that as soon as you do his litter, in 10 minutes he will USE IT AGAIN....so I get my plastic bag, do the litter, then tie up the bag and go on and do something else.    THen say 15 minutes later, he will use the litter again.   SO I do one final litter clean up and take it out in the morning on my way to work.

keep your store bags from say safeway, walmart anywhere...because those are the bags I put the litter waste in.

Have more than 1 litter box.  my cat has one box that he uses and when I pour out the entire box of litter and throw it away, I need to clean the litter box.  SO I just use the other litter box and fill it with all new litter when I'm cleaning the other box.

Also empty the entire litter box at least every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.

THe main tip - feed him dry food.  and the SAME BRAND all the time.  that way you can leave out food and you wont have to rush home to give him a can.  As well as you can go out of town for 2-3 days and if you leave out a lot of food he can make it.

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:31pm
Pay him lots of attention, when you come home pick him up talk to him. hug him. 
if you raise him with no affection he will turn into a stand offish cat.

use you tube and their are lots of cat tips.

type in hair balls in cats, in you tube so you can know what to expect.

start brushing him NOW so he gets used to it, that was a mistake I made.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

keep your store bags from say safeway, walmart anywhere...because those are the bags I put the litter waste in.

bread bags are great for this also
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic