Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedIm Done Listening To My Mom!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Iammyownstylist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im Done Listening To My Mom!!!!
    Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 10:30am
You know back when you were a little kid and you would show your mom a painting that looked like a hot mess, and she would tell you it's the prettiest thing in the world? My mom still does that to me with my weaves. My hair would look a hot mess, hideous, straight out fugly, and she'll say "OHHHH your hair looks so pretty!" Confused 

Example, when I had my Outre Wet and Crappy in back in May, by week 3 it was in cahoots with the Devil and matting and tangling and shedding like hair from hell! I tell my mom that I'm going to take it out and she says," Why do you want to take it out? I think it looks good!"

Another example. When I did my almost full weave with the IN.net hair. I was not comfortable with that bump at the top. After a while I didn't really like it. One of you (ain't gonna say no names, but I could hear through the screen) were laughing at me. It was an all around HAM. What does my mom say? "Oh that looks so pretty! It looks natural! I don't know why you're taking it out."

I think she does this because she loves me, but if she really loved me she would give me her honest opinion. My sisters would, my dad would, my step mother would, my cousin would, my friends and co workers would. They love me(I hope), so why doesn't she?

This is the main reason why I'm up here most of the time, for true opinions and criticism. I don't mind constructive criticism. If I did, I wouldn't post my installs up here. I take whatever will help me become a better Weavetition. I come here for the truth.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting. Is there anyone in you all's lives who do this?
Sponsored Links

ambermi83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 11:07am
Ever heard the saying "a face only a mother could love"? Maybe in her eyes she IS telling the truth because to her you'll be beautiful no matter what you do to yourself.

...And that is EXACTLY why I don't ask mom or the hubby any beauty related questions if I want an unbiased answer!!
ILuvWeave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 11:19am
It could be a few things:

A: She really thinks your hair is a HAM, but because you're her daughter, she doesn't want to hurt your feelings by telling the truth.

B. She genuinely thinks your hair looks nice.

C: She just doesn't know what a nice sew-in/weave looks like.

Either way, just tell her it's ok to be honest, it won't hurt your feelings. My mom is the total opposite. When she doesn't like my hair or something I'm wearing, she tells me, which is what I love about her.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 11:20am
Ahhh, that's so sweet! She may be biased but at least she loves her little girl. My mum's the opposite; she doesn't like the hairstyles I like or how I take care of my hair & we clash about it. She said to me back in the spring she doesn't know why I'm trying to make myself ugly. Cry  I guess it can be annoying sometimes but consider yourself lucky. Just ask others whenever you need constructive advice!

ETA: Lol @ 'Outre Wet and Crappy'

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 22 2009 at 11:20am
MikoCee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 11:35am
lol..My family are too damn blunt for their own good..My mum would be the first to sl*g me off about my hair or outfit..my sis doesnt hold back either..my dad would just stare n then tell my mum to tell me to get it off..
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 11:48am
Actually, my mother is the exact opposite. She dislikes most anything I do with my hair.
I think it has alot to do with the board. Before I joined and really got to looking at weaves, wigs and such, I really didn't see anything wrong with anyone's hair. But when you look at weaves all the time and members nit-pick and critique things you've never noticed before it makes you more observant and picky. 
So perhaps you mother really does think it looks good although you think otherwise. 
1Longcurlynapy1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 12:02pm
Well my mom doesnt really have a knack for style so I cant trust her judgement. You know what you like and what looks good, just trust yourself. She loves you tho :)
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 12:21pm
is mom code for bhm?
maliax3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

is mom code for bhm?

no beating around the bush huh?LOL
keishe83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by MikoCee MikoCee wrote:

lol..My family are too damn blunt for their own good..My mum would be the first to sl*g me off about my hair or outfit..my sis doesnt hold back either..my dad would just stare n then tell my mum to tell me to get it off..
Lol @ your dad's reaction.LOL
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic