Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I'm disgusted...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Our President is a piece of crap. We held elections last year and he cheated. He knew that the elections were going to be contested, so he sent the magistrates on a vacation 9 a magistrates' kid told me this). 

There are people who we would like to actually elect and move our country forward. That's why it pains me so much, when people here talk about not wanting to vote. I grew up in the DRC under Mobutu, I marched in protests, my school was looted and destroyed, I watched soldier rebels and went to bed listening to the sound of gunshots. I still remember my mother waking us up in the middle of the night and huddling in the hallway for fear of stray bullets.  

The Congolese want peace and prosperity, we just don't sit back and wait for The West to save us. We marched and protested against Mobutu, we also tried to vote out Kabila, but it seems that democracy might not be the answer for the DRC.   Forgive me for rambling and the grammatical errors, but this is all very upsetting. 

I hope this doesn't sound cold hearted. But I think the way that your country may get that help is from the inside out. Most Americans don't give a flying crap what happens to your country and some would rather see it destroy it self. But generations of Africans who have left there and lived overseas can really make a difference, if they come together and go back to their homeland. This won't happen overnight, but it needs to happen. Americans have done more damage then good in most African countries that they tried to "help" with imho.

Yes, I think that's the reason why nothing changes in those countries in Africa that are going through genocides, corrupt governments and what not...the PEOPLE need to fight. Waiting for the help of more democratic countries is like waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas's eve.
The blacks here had to fight for their rights in the 60's....if the people of those African countries started fighting, the rest of the world might notice (not just make lame documentaries about it or send money to corrupt "governments") and do something to help.

Just remember the Apartheid and the end of it.

girl nooooo we do not agree.. That is not what I am saying at all.. I am African btw and I know the ish that goes on no matter how much we fight.. You have to take the empathetic part not the sympathetic one like you are saying. Not trying to leave you hanging, but you have no Idea what I am talking aboutSleepy
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:17pm
And on that note I would like to say (write) that I would never donate money to those fundraising telethons that send money to countries in distress.
Does anyone remember the earthquake in Haiti? Around 1 billion dollars in aid was contributed and that country is still in deep sh!t. I remember reading about thousands of inmates escaping jails and then there was this TWO YEAR OLD who had gonorrhea on her mouth......because she was raped orally. Cry
Just like purple.chuckz mentioned that the government of her country sold a gift from Japan, those countries that receive aid pocket the money and let the people on the same situation. If you really want to help, donate to a small organization that makes a difference. Red Cross is a joke too.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:20pm
f8dagrate, I am sure you guys try, but it must be dangerous, especially with dictators hiding behind a democratic government's mask. At the same time, those million of people in camps waiting for help should do something. But it must be hard to even try when you lost all hope.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:20pm

And on that note I would like to say (write) that I would never donate money to those fundraising telethons that send money to countries in distress.
Does anyone remember the earthquake in Haiti? Around 1 billion dollars in aid was contributed and that country is still in deep sh!t. I remember reading about thousands of inmates escaping jails and then there was this TWO YEAR OLD who had gonorrhea on her mouth......because she was raped orally. Cry
Just like purple.chuckz mentioned that the government of her country sold a gift from Japan, those countries that receive aid pocket the money and let the people on the same situation. If you really want to help, donate to a small organization that makes a difference. Red Cross is a joke too.
haiti<<<<<
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

My side note was an interesting observation to the voice Obama tends to give when addressing Blacks (anywhere). If you watch the video, you will understand that Obama has not done everything that HE promised he would

Obama can't even look out for "his" people here who voted for his ass, so why are we surprised? Like reallyLOL

I did read somewhere that now Obama would kick the bucket and do whatever the he wants.
I wish it was true.
He will be known in history as the worst president this country had, mark my words.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:22pm

I remembered reading that Haiti saw VERY LITTLE of that aid moneyDisapprove
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:24pm

f8dagrate, I am sure you guys try, but it must be dangerous, especially with dictators hiding behind a democratic government's mask. At the same time, those million of people in camps waiting for help should do something. But it must be hard to even try when you lost all hope.

man sometimes looking at the problems facing many countries in Africa one may feel hoplessCry. But lucky I will go back one day and try to make a difference in my homeland no matter how small. Thanks for caring sexyStar, but research heavily before donating to anywhere if in America or Africa.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Thanks for caring sexyStar, but research heavily before donating to anywhere if in America or Africa.

Trust me; I always do.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I remembered reading that Haiti saw VERY LITTLE of that aid moneyDisapprove
And that's a fact. Most of the money went to the so called charitable organizations, basically white folks supposedly there to "help". The rest of it went to corrupt officials within the country. Those "charitable organizations" are like the mafia. They take care of themselves. Very few haitians actually got so much as a dime, even the corrupt ones. Although some corrupt haitian officials profited from the donations, MOST OF IT WENT TO WHITE AID WORKERS. DO NOT GET IT TWISTED.  @ Sexy:  As far as the congo goes, it's easy for some to say that the solution is solely in the hands of expatriate congolese because y'all have NO IDEA of the kind of powers that are at play when there is coltan, gold and numerous other precious natural resources that the rest of the world likes to gorge on. It's just not that simple. Not that those expatriates can't play an important role in helping the country along but there are forces at play that are beyond them. To think otherwise is simplistic. Will watch the video tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 07 2013 at 10:26pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:36pm
Iam discusted too! we have to do something
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style