Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIm Cured from Scalp Psoriasis!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AuNaturalBlaque View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im Cured from Scalp Psoriasis!!!!
    Posted: May 16 2011 at 1:17pm
Hi everyone..I just wanted to share some great news! I have suffered from scalp psoriasis(extreme itching and burning of the scalp, and my scalp would be completely covered with plaques/scales and would flake like crazy, very embarrassing), since the mid 1990's. Went from a curl, to a relaxer and went natural in 2001. I thought going natural was going to solve it..but it still did not go away.
Anyway, I tried numerous, shampoos, co-washes, treatments..but nothing seemed to work, and I really just gave up on the whole thing and just thought I would live with it forever.

For the past 2 months, I have been itch, flake, scalp burning free. This may not seem like a long time to some..but this has NEVER happened to me as long as I have been diagnosed with scalp psoriasis. My scalp feels like it is in paradise.Smile

What I am about to say below is the only thing I can think of that could be contributing to this result:

For some reason, towards the end of February this year, I woke up and I heard a small voice say "meatless in March", I was like, I don't know if I can do that. But, it was pressing hard on my spirit to do so. My instructions were specific. I could eat fish, but only certain kinds of fish; salmon, tilapia, sardines, snapper etc. But  No shell fish or any scavenger of the sea/river i.e. crab, or cat fish etc ( I don't eat those types anyway because I am Hebrew, and I haven't eaten pork in 5 years).
So, I started March 1, and to my surprise made it through the entire month and even into 2 weeks of April. I only ate fish maybe 2-3 times a week, during that time. And decided to do this for the rest of my life!

So, for me I am calling it a cure! I dont now if it is just the cutting out of meat, or the Omega 3s in the fish? Even though I only eat fish now 2-3 times a week. Anyway, I am just happy..anyone else suffer from scalp psoriasis? I dont think it would hurt to give this a try to see if it helps.

Peace and blessings
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 5:05am
I did as well...for me going meatless was not the only answer but I am on pretty much a similar diet as you..except I do eat chicken and sometimes turkey. I eat lots of Sardines only because they are really cheap here in Spain..but normally I eat a lot of Salmon and Tilapia..in addition I take EPO so that alleviated it but I still could not go 1 1/2 weeks without scaling some where in my scalp. My issue was I picked at it. Anyways..like you..in February I got sick of all of it and I decided to exfoliate my scalp with sea salt..and then I did a pre-poo with coconut cream. Then I washed with Head n Shoulders menthol...I continue to exfoliate twice a month and I keep my scalp as moisturized as possible. I only use the Head n Shoulders once a month (so that my scalp doesn't get immune to it) and I will use a moisturizing shampoo the other times. I did this faithfully for a good two months. My psoriasis has cleared up tremendously and for a while there were no signs..but I have slacked off on my routine a wee bit and have noticed it slowly coming back..not as bad but in a couple of places so I just had to get back religious with my routine. So you must stick with what is working..even if it looks better..keep doing it because if you slack it will return.
Good news for you! Also...I learn not to pick anymore and scratch..if I feel it scaling I exfoliate and wash.
afroqueenz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 1:05pm
that's awesome news, I'm so happy for you, I hope things are still doing well.
hairfashion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 1:52am
May you have happy days forever.I admire you very much.it needs patience and perseverance.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic