Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I'm becoming a wig junkie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm becoming a wig junkie
    Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 12:16am
HeartI was enjoying my Runway girl and Monaco too much so I had to go out and buy more wigs! I have fallen back in love with half wigs. lol

I'm expecting another Runway girl, Sofia by Outre, Aquarius by Bobbi Boss, Flora by Zury, Berrytini and Mint Slice by Model Model, and a ponytail. EmbarrassedI want to try a bunch and see what I like best, plus I want to stock up a little because I know once December gets here I'll be pretty much tapped out with Christmas, traveling, and such. Need to get em while I can! And two were on clearance so....lol
Sponsored Links

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 5:52pm
Been there done that still doing it welcome to the Wig addicts. I used to love me some Half wigs now I am more into the full cap and lace wigs because they are easier too me but I still buy half wigs sometimes. Hope are your purchases work out and that you love all your new hair.
LongHairRedBottom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongHairRedBottom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:03am
Hello and welcome to Wigs Anonymous...LOL
My husband said I already own a "hair store". I told him that my next house must include a craft room and wig room!!!LOLLOL
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:15pm
yep, welcome aboard.

chronic alopecia recipient. tried weaves, which took out what was left of my hair.

since wearing wigs for the last 2 years? i can say i have CBL hair officially.

wigs are not only addicitive, but they're helpful..
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 10:22am
I also have a lot of wigs. My best advice, buy as you need.  It is so tempting when you watch you tube to just keep ordering and ordering. 
I have too many wigs and don't need to buy anymore.  I also am more into lace wigs now then half wigs because they "lay" better and don't have those big combs in the front which are harder to hid and cover if you have thin hair like me.

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

My best advice, buy as you need.  It is so tempting when you watch you tube to just keep ordering and ordering. 

That is so true! I already have a few wigs that I'm just like "ugh...I could have done without this one." Luckily I don't have any that I  HATE yet, but all 6Embarrassed of the wigs I ordered a week ago came in and I've only just tried them on so we'll see...
perez199 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perez199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:33pm
I too have become a wig addict.  I wear a glue less silk top, and I take it off everyday.  I would like to know if anyone can give me advice on how to keep it from sliding back.  I have tried "wig it."  It doesn't work.  I have tried some kind of a super bond, and it didn't work either.  Please tell me how to keep it from sliding back, so I can stop sneaking and pulling it forward.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 1:58pm

Perez - Try asking on the lace wig boards, both newbies and regular.  Those ladies are "GOOD" up there and will have  good advice.

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

I also have a lot of wigs. My best advice, buy as you need.  It is so tempting when you watch you tube to just keep ordering and ordering. 
I have too many wigs and don't need to buy anymore.  I also am more into lace wigs now then half wigs because they "lay" better and don't have those big combs in the front which are harder to hid and cover if you have thin hair like me.

and i did just as you said in the "bolded" quote.

I just ordered a lace front, Aplus Ozone 012.. it's a synthetic, wavy wig.  No glue, no adhesives.  And how did this happen? Yep, i was browsing YouTube, and of course, "had to have it"..

Great advice, Miss Sunshine.. but this one was hard to pass up..LOL
Christine925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by MetallicHarmony MetallicHarmony wrote:

HeartI was enjoying my Runway girl and Monaco too much so I had to go out and buy more wigs! I have fallen back in love with half wigs. lol

I'm expecting another Runway girl, Sofia by Outre, Aquarius by Bobbi Boss, Flora by Zury, Berrytini and Mint Slice by Model Model, and a ponytail. EmbarrassedI want to try a bunch and see what I like best, plus I want to stock up a little because I know once December gets here I'll be pretty much tapped out with Christmas, traveling, and such. Need to get em while I can! And two were on clearance so....lol

haha..same here. I like ponytail so much since I have very short hair and do not want it grow too long anyway. So I can have both short & "long" hair. It feels very nice.

Here is a shop recommend: http://www.canbrillo.com/wigs/hair-pieces/hair-pony-tails.html
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic