Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

If your children are being teased

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:43am
[QUOTE=Positive K]My child better boss up. Personally, I'm not gonna be breaking bread on brand name ish for my child. He gonna have some nice shoes and pants and stuff but none of that trendy ish. If I can make it through childhood wearing what I wore, he gonna make it. [/QUOTE]

I never understand that above saying. Because I have gone through something, it's okay for my child to experience it? not all experiences are positive.
Sponsored Links

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

What if you did buy new clothes children would still have something to say.
exactly.

kids will be kids. they get new clothes and then they get teased about something else. its a part of life. if my kid can't handle a little teasing then i would feel like a failure as a father for not instilling that confidence in my child.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:46am
ive already started teaching my kids about how others will talk about you. if you look good they have something to say, when you look bad they will also talk. i learned that lesson very young and have been happy with what i have since then. hopefully my little Icecubes learn that early as well.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:49am
I don't see the prob of having some trendy stuff anywho.  Hey, in 1 year they will out grow it and by then there's a new trend.  It equals out IMO.  Lots of inexpensive knock offs, too.
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:53am

I honestly don't know. I would have to see what the bullying is doing to my child to make that decision.

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:53am
I hope that never happens...I really don't know what I will do. I know if I buy some new clothes, they will just find something else. I can't buy away all his problems. Some things he'll have to solve in his own way.

Things like this are so hard for a parent. Yesterday I girl rode her bike in front of a train. She left a letter behind saying she just couldn't take the bullying. Today the parliament is talking about making a national plan to combat it.

Edited by Prazol60 - Dec 14 2012 at 9:55am
RedFoxx View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RedFoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:57am
What is the kid wearing??? almost everything is trendy nowadays....you have to really go out of your way to buy regular or old fashioned clothes...
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 10:02am
No. I doubt that the problem is my child's clothes.

The problem, most often, is that the bullies know that they've found an insecurity in clothes, weight, hair, etc. You either own it and work it regardless or you'll get bullied forever.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 10:09am
YASSS... I would buy trendy clothes for my kids. I do that now. I'm a smart shopper and I buy summer clothes in the winter (snow storm time especially)and winter clothes in the summer (July and August). I always shop on the clearance racks. CLEARANCE is your friend.

***No need for goodwill when you can get brand name new trendy clothes for the same price.***

Examples(I bought all my kids name brand sweaters from Macy's for $3 each) This was in July. I cleared the rack and bought sizes for 2013 and 2014. Little old ladies looking at me like I'm crazy when I shop and I look back and say Whatchu looking at??? Printed T-Shirts with the cartoons I bought 12 of them for $0.50 each from Krogers. Judge me if you like but my kids are styling on a budget!!!
RedFoxx View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

YASSS... I would buy trendy clothes for my kids. I do that now. I'm a smart shopper and I buy summer clothes in the winter (snow storm time especially)and winter clothes in the summer (July and August). I always shop on the clearance racks. CLEARANCE is your friend.

***No need for goodwill when you can get brand name new trendy clothes for the same price.***

Examples(I bought all my kids name brand sweaters from Macy's for $3 each) This was in July. I cleared the rack and bought sizes for 2013 and 2014. Little old ladies looking at me like I'm crazy when I shop and I look back and say Whatchu looking at??? Printed T-Shirts with the cartoons I bought 12 of them for $0.50 each from Krogers. Judge me if you like but my kids are styling on a budget!!!

Exactly... Macy's clearance is THE BEST!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic