BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

If you where the next President ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:10am
enslave white people
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:28am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Average wealth of the top 1 percent was almost $14 million in 2009, according to a 2011 report from the Economic Policy Institute. That’s down from a peak of $19.2 million in 2007.

LOL
I'm talking about the Rothchilds, Morgans, Rockefellers, Waltons, DuPonts, etc.

The folks that really run ish...
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 8:43am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

- Repeal Voter ID requirements.
I was watching the Rachel Maddow show and Chris Matthews said , if a person has been waiting on line for 4 hours to vote, I'm pretty sure that person is who they claim to be. 

I agree with his statement. Who is really fraudulently trying to vote? One person said on the show that they should require fingerprints to vote That way there won't be any discrepancies about who the person is. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 8:48am
i dont see why voter id is an issue

maybe im used to living in systems where national id's were a requirement for every adult

Edited by afrokock - Nov 11 2012 at 8:48am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 8:51am
The voter suppression was real in the states.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 8:55am
could you clarify belle, i never really looked too deeply into voter/national id and voter suppression in the states.

how did it work?

Edited by afrokock - Nov 11 2012 at 9:01am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

could clarify belle, i never really looked too deeply into voter/national id and voter suppression in the states.

how did it work?

Ok so in states like Pennsylvania, Fl, and Ohia, they cut the hrs down for early voting, hoping that forcing people to stand on line for hrs on end would deter them from voting. Didn't work, thank God. 

Here's a quick article I found. Not too long either:

Voter misdirection seemed to be the order of the day for the 2012 election.

In Virginia, Florida and North Carolina, Latino, African American and elderly voters received phone calls telling them they could vote over the phone by providing their name and address to the caller. Other voters in Florida and in Washington, D.C., received robocalls telling them the election was Wednesday, not Tuesday. In Ohio and Arizona, government authorities sent notices announcing the election was on Nov. 8 instead of Nov. 6. In Pennsylvania and Arizona, voters were left messages directing them to the wrong polling places.

As disturbing as it sounds, this purposeful voter misinformation looks relatively benign in the face of reports of voter intimidation. For example:

-- A group of poll monitors in Ohio was barred from the polls after they took photos of voters as they entered the polling place and recorded their names on tablet computers.

-- Latino and African American voters in Florida reported receiving phone calls saying that poll workers would be checking their car insurance and registration status when they arrived at the polls. In other cases, voters waited in line for four to six hours to vote.

-- Voters in Pennsylvania showed up to polling stations to find signs saying photo identification was required - when state law says it is necessary only for first-time voters.

When it comes to voter turnout, the United States is an outlier among advanced industrial democracies. To strengthen our democracy, Americans should be actively working to end these restrictive laws and to find ways to increase voter participation - not restrict it.

These varied attempts to restrict eligible voters' access to the polls are part of a larger movement to repress the vote of certain voters. Since 2011, 19 states have passed laws that restrict voter registration efforts and establish voter identification requirements - laws that the Brennan Center for Justice estimates will disenfranchise the 11 percent of eligible voters who do not have a government-issued photo identification.

Although many of those laws were not in effect in 2012, laws in 13 states were in force for the 2012 presidential election. The Republican Party backed most of these laws, largely because the party realizes that demographic trends make it impossible for them to remain a majority party absent this type of voter suppression.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Voter-ID-laws-why-we-should-care-4024358.php#ixzz2BvV7dtr3
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:02am
BHM president. Lawd have mercy on our souls, LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:14am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Girl,Bye. Id be the best president ever. Im not for the wealthy few on this here website who orders EP, Indique etc. I am for those who might only be able to afford what is sold in the BSS. That is ok. I am trying to move everyone up the ladder. Expand the middle class. Give those who are poor the opportunities necessary to get them out of that situation. Its about main street and not wall street.

Belle Femme for President, 2016. 

Edited by *Belle*Femme* - Nov 11 2012 at 9:15am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:15am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Girl,Bye. Id be the best president ever. Im not for the wealthy few on this here website who orders EP, Indique etc. I am for those who might only be able to afford what is sold in the BSS. That is ok. I am trying to move everyone up the ladder. Expand the middle. Its about main street and not wall street.

Belle Femme for President, 2016. 
LOLLOLLOLLOL
A change is gonna come...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair