BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

if you were homeless...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:13am
Amilia!

Miami is a horrible place to be homeless. I remember my mama used to tell us don't make eye contact with homeless people so they won't ask you for anything.

People really treat homeless people like sh!t ( myself included, at times).
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

I could print out those I am deaf cards with a pen asking for a donations. You get to keep the pen.

This is genius! I bet they make a killing. I would then use that money and follow Jones advice of whippin work. I would use THAT money to buy more drugs, because, honestly, I think I would quickly turn to addiction if I were homeless with no foreseeable way out

My mind keeps going to ways to get out of the situation, like shelters, but thats against the rules Cry

I would hold up different signs each day in diff parts of town. The desperation would be real.

"Crack money, please"
"My kids are in the car, give me gas money to get them home"
"I need abortion money"
"What can I do for you?"
"Veteran, please help" etc. anything to create attention

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:17am
Amilia!!! Hug I'm glad things turned out well for you
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:28am
I'd sell some kind of drugs...

Spend my day at the local libraries to read books/look for work....

If I had a car, I'd sleep in it, otherwise, probably the park....

Put on my best outfit/clothes and create a sign that says "Hugs- $2 per person". Stern Smile
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:29am
Being a homeless woman  must invariably lead to prostitution. Nobodies going to give you anything for free. They see you with that cardboard sign and the wheels in their head start to turn.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:29am
Aww Amilia. How did you end up getting on your feet?

I read this short story about how to dumpster dive and how to determine what food is safe to eat from the trash... it was so sad, but he was explaining it like a sport that he had grown accustomed to.

I would say I would sleep in my car, but this sh*t isn't paid off.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:34am
Glad you made it through that phase of life Amilia... thats rough and many ppl would break when sucked into that position. Hope things have continued to go in a positive direction.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:35am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

F you enroll in CC you have to actually go to classes.
Can you make it to class all the time? CC do t get their refund checks until midway through th semester to avoid ppl signing up just for refund checks?

But I found out a guy I knew was homeless.
I had no idea I just knew he hung out at the library ALOT.

But he finally told me and I told my mom so we could help him out.
He was enrolled in classes and working as an intern in probation .
He transferred and just graduated.
I'm happy for him.

Before I knew he was homeless he took me out a couple times.but after he told me i pushed that to friend mode.
I just wanted to help then. That became my focus

at CC's you only have to go to your first week of classes so if you sign up for a MWF or T/TR just go to those...pell grants would be disbursed by the end of that next school week.  if you only show up the first week you'd just be seen as absent the 2nd week but going the 2nd week would probably be best.  i'd just fake it for the 2 weeks to get the check and dip.

They've actually cracked down and do 3 partial payments of the pell grant so it's supposed to be 33% each time. Now since they know people only enroll for the money and take up class space for people who want it, they hold on to the money for a lot longer
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Aww Amilia. How did you end up getting on your feet?

I read this short story about how to dumpster dive and how to determine what food is safe to eat from the trash... it was so sad, but he was explaining it like a sport that he had grown accustomed to.

I would say I would sleep in my car, but this sh*t isn't paid off.

Ive seen elderly people do this. There was a grocery store  we use to shop at and they would throw out their frozen dinners that were a day over expiration. So elderly ppl would wait by the dumpster and fill up their cars with the food they threw out. They would try to get fruits and veggies but often they would get smashed.  Kinda sad.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:37am
Wow Amilia.....Cry

I'm so sorry that happened to you, and you were so young Cry My daughter is 21 and I can't imagine that happening to her....I'm so glad you were able to get out of that abusive situation....and off the streets.  HugHow are you doing today? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic