FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedif you were homeless...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:16pm
The University here makes you swipe your student id card to get into the library.  
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:16pm
Theres no such thing as an attractive homeless woman...lol she will always find a place to lay her head....  she just needs to invest in weapons..lol

But i have thought about what I would do if I were homeless. First Id become friends with a bus driver they're bored on route all day and they like having someone to talk to. This is important during the winter months. Sit on the bus all day and stay warm. They would also throw u some bucks for food if u go get their food during a stop since many dont have lunch breaks.

For sleep  In the summer months Id camp Id get money donating plasma (u can get up to $200 a month). Id also go to outdoor sporting events and collect cans  10 cent a pop time 10k+ people  = a nice piece of $$.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:17pm
Must be different in SC.
The ppl I know just got theirs in late October.

Uni gets theirs the week before classes
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

I could print out those I am deaf cards with a pen asking for a donations. You get to keep the pen.

Wonder, I always see homeless under this one bridge in my area. It looks like a little town at night. I think o it t city let them stay from 6 p to 6 am.

i've seen those too, they have it down pat...i think i'd rather be on my own though...if i am doing it alone i can convince myself that my life isn't so bad yet.  once i join the tent community i'd be surrounded by misery.  i wonder what the rates of violence are against homeless women.
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:19pm
I've heard some panhandlers make 20-30k a year. I don know if I could do it though, seems so embarrassing.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:20pm
Is there really an area in LA called tent city? I heard about that on a podcast I listen too... nothing but ppl living in tents.

Unis here give out Refund checks during week 3. If u go that route ur best bet is to at least attend class often enough to get a C/D if u fail or dont return u would only be able to do it once.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:25pm
Yup, skid row=tent city.

My auntie used to always tell me that the reason she remembered my birthday was because the on the day I was born she was pushed into a trash can of fire and almost roasted alive on skid row. The very next day she decided to get sober.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Is there really an area in LA called tent city? I heard about that on a podcast I listen too... nothing but ppl living in tents.

Unis here give out Refund checks during week 3. If u go that route ur best bet is to at least attend class often enough to get a C/D if u fail or dont return u would only be able to do it once.

yeah there's a tent city in the LA area...i've never seen it in person but i caught it on the news once because the cops were enforcing a new policy where ppl had to wear color coded wristbands to determine residents from non residents.  i guess their goal was to get the tent city residents to vacate the city if they couldn't prove they were a city resident.  in AMERICA.
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:27pm
I'd get a gym membership and shower there, then I would find a overnight job, and park my car at the park and sleep in it during the day. I would also eat at a soup kitchen to save money.
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:29pm
OMG my Dad used to drive us by skid row and tell us if we did not do well in school this would happen to us.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic