Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:47pm
my girlfriend is still breast feeding her 1 year and 2 month old.  i told her it was time to cut the cord.  that baby fondling her nipples now...
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

daycare is expensive anyway

well good ones........

many stay home because they cannot afford to send their kids to one

girl I know had twins and daycare would have been $3500 each month for them, a family member watches her kids

This is actually what I see most, women who stay home because almost their entire paycheck would go to daycare anyway so there's no point.

so theyre home and prolly pissed at the child half the timeLOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

hmmmm as for breastfeeding i'd have a hard time believing a study which suggest that formula is on par with breast milk.  i mean unless the mom has the absolute worst nutrition in the world, i'm not buying it...
Wait wut? Was the study conducted by Similac? Gerber?LOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

well good ones........

girl I know had twins and daycare would have been $3500 each month for them, a family member watches her kids

This is actually what I see most, women who stay home because almost their entire paycheck would go to daycare anyway so there's no point.

if being at home with their child makes them pissed at the child...that's horrible, imo...
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:03pm

hmmmm as for breastfeeding i'd have a hard time believing a study which suggest that formula is on par with breast milk.  i mean unless the mom has the absolute worst nutrition in the world, i'm not buying it...

this. ridic.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:04pm

well good ones........

if being at home with their child makes them pissed at the child...that's horrible, imo...

well, not necessesarily directly pissed at the child, but needing the money to help support the child and not being able to work because daycare is too expensive must cause some level of frustration which may end up being taken out on the child...
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Some of the ideas expressed in this thread are so baffling to me.

ikr. but we are all our own brand of special...so...
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:07pm

The VPs (women) at my company have kids (some with grandkids) and their children seem to be okay (I don't know them personally, but they aren't strung out or anything lol)

I know this isn't the case for every family, but people make it work

i cant believe in 2014 people are talking like you cant have a family and a job at the same time, and be balanced. take me to the eutopia where that isnt possible
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

My LO (little one) will be 6 months when I return to work in August.... 
I would love to be able to SAH with him or work part-time but it's not currently an option. 
I knew this when we decided to TTC (try to conceive)... 
However I choose a career that I thought would be family friendly (education)
I work 10 months out of a year... yeah for summer breaks
He will attend daycare while we are at work like many other children..
I'm sure I will be sad at each drop off and miss his smile and laugh during the day... sighhhhh 
Unfortunately that's our reality 

you will be fine after the second week. the other little ones at DC chant "campfire, campfire, campfire" when i take her in the mornings, and she sqeuals, wriggles out of my arms, and dashes off to greet her friends. Warms my heart. Embarrassed
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:53pm

this. ridic.

Right, I saw the comment about this "study" and knew that wasn't true. Breastfeeding is recommended for 12 months of life and the several evidence based reliable studies can be easily found via google.  I know in the NICU if the infant is below 32 weeks all we feed them is breastmilk because of the benefits. If the mom won't or cant supply the breastmilk we give them donor breastmilk so formula isn't even an option.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 46>
  Share Topic