Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

you also have to think about women that go school and get advanced degrees

many are finished around age 25 - 27 (maybe a little older)

you then need to get out there and start your career......oh but you should have a man first so yall can either be on your way to marriage, married, or very committed to each other

maybe you can get in 4 to 5 years of work before you start thinking about your clock and high risk pregnancies

if you want to continue with your career (whether yall need the income or not) you will have to think about having a family member or daycare center watch your child

now some have kids while in school and that's a whole other story

this..... 

I think it real easy to say a woman should leave her job when she just starting out not making a lot of money...but when a woman is older and well into the six figures..thats hard to just leave behind...
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:16pm
I remember a thread on here about 2-3 years ago where the internet was said to be a luxury. That got pretty heated. I want to say maysay was leading the charge but I could be wrong about that.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:17pm
Well Samone, different people have different priorities. Basic needs are non-negotiable though.

I recognize that every family can't/won't have everything. I personally think extracurriculars and anything that helps lead to self-actualization are necessary. But I'm not going to call someone a bad parent for not being able to afford those things.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:17pm

maysay you also believe you shouldn't buy your child more than like 5 outfits a year

are have a very narrow view of parenting

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 05 2014 at 1:18pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:19pm
Off topic, seeing the stats on how many other countries pay much less for home internet access made me sad.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:19pm
She's not a parent yet right?
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:20pm
I think there's a difference between needs and wants.

Water is a need. Soda is a want. Clothes are a need. Bunches of new clothes are a want. Access to information is a need, personal internet is a want.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Well Samone, different people have different priorities. Basic needs are non-negotiable though.

I recognize that every family can't/won't have everything. I personally think extracurriculars and anything that helps lead to self-actualization are necessary. But I'm not going to call someone a bad parent for not being able to afford those things.

daycare (which can provide activities like learning a foreign language, athletic activities, ballet, field trips to museums all before the age of 4) = bad parent

living in poverty and not being able to provide your child with stimulating activities outside of school that will help their development = does not make you a bad parent

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 05 2014 at 1:22pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:22pm
I never said just daycare makes someone a bad parent. If you read my posts I said having your child spend more of its waking hours at daycare than with its own parents is absolutely wrong.

There were several times I pointed out the difference between going a few times a week for a few hours and going 8-12 hours a day, every single day.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I've only read the last 3 pgs.

I don't judge mothers who have no choice, but honestly putting my career aside while the boys were under 6 was the best decision for my family.  I loved doing activities with them, watching them grow up literally before my eyes. 

Hubby and I both agreed that we wanted me to stay home and I did.  Now I did use mother's day out programs to give myself a break.  Daycare is very expensive, but I do think that they can be enriching for kids as well.

ahhhhhhh. Tbaby . I missed you . Pm functions works when it feels like it . LOLHug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 46>
  Share Topic