Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

If you need daycare you shouldnt have children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 39>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:16pm
I remember a thread on here about 2-3 years ago where the internet was said to be a luxury. That got pretty heated. I want to say maysay was leading the charge but I could be wrong about that.
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:17pm
Well Samone, different people have different priorities. Basic needs are non-negotiable though.

I recognize that every family can't/won't have everything. I personally think extracurriculars and anything that helps lead to self-actualization are necessary. But I'm not going to call someone a bad parent for not being able to afford those things.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:19pm
Off topic, seeing the stats on how many other countries pay much less for home internet access made me sad.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:19pm
She's not a parent yet right?
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:20pm
I think there's a difference between needs and wants.

Water is a need. Soda is a want. Clothes are a need. Bunches of new clothes are a want. Access to information is a need, personal internet is a want.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:22pm
I never said just daycare makes someone a bad parent. If you read my posts I said having your child spend more of its waking hours at daycare than with its own parents is absolutely wrong.

There were several times I pointed out the difference between going a few times a week for a few hours and going 8-12 hours a day, every single day.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I've only read the last 3 pgs.

I don't judge mothers who have no choice, but honestly putting my career aside while the boys were under 6 was the best decision for my family.  I loved doing activities with them, watching them grow up literally before my eyes. 

Hubby and I both agreed that we wanted me to stay home and I did.  Now I did use mother's day out programs to give myself a break.  Daycare is very expensive, but I do think that they can be enriching for kids as well.

ahhhhhhh. Tbaby . I missed you . Pm functions works when it feels like it . LOLHug
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I never said just daycare makes someone a bad parent. If you read my posts I said having your child spend more of its waking hours at daycare than with its own parents is absolutely wrong.

There were several times I pointed out the difference between going a few times a week for a few hours and going 8-12 hours a day, every single day.

I don't agree, as a nurse working 12hour shifts (and if my partner worked a normal 8 hr shift job...I don't have a spouse or kids yet) what are we supposed to do as far as child care? If I let my 12year old cousin or my irresponsible 28 year cousin watch my kids (I don't have a lot of family in my area) I feel like I would be more wrong for doing that than sending them to daycare for 8 hours. Are you saying because I decided to be successful and have a career I shouldn't have my own family because my child would be at daycare until I/or my spouse could get off to pick them up?

I'm sorry, if I could stay home I would but that is not real world. I enjoy having a career and I want my daughter to grow up wanting a career and not having to depend on someone else is she is married or single. People do what they have to do, and sending your children somewhere safe and for good reasons such as work, improvement in developmental skills, etc is not wrong IMO.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:42pm
Off topic (kinda): Doing the math...Most children & teens spend most of their waking hours away from their parents. Up at 6am, bus stop at 7am, school from 8-3pm, if your child doesn't engage in any after school activities they are home by 4pm, bedtime at 9pm or earlier depending on the age of the child.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:50pm
That sounds like the introduction of a horror story character in a book. You know, the one that does all of the killing.LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 39>
  Share Topic