Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:55pm

everything they need up to what point?  you are talking about the basic needs I am assuming
Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Ok maysay I must have misunderstood because in other threads you spoke of actively working against parenting in poverty

And that you focus your attention/time/resources on "preventing" parenting in poverty because you care about that much more strongly than say fair wages for women

There are 2 types of parenting "in poverty". 1) I have no way to take care of my children but through government programs and community/family handouts and can't provide basics like safety and 2)my income is below or near the poverty line but I provide everything my children need without outside help.

I am totally against 1. And because I am against it I am FOR other things like: universal healthcare (and birth control), universal education, good public transportation, an automatic basic income for all adults, etc. Because by giving people these things automatically they are more likely to be well adjusted and successful and therefore less likely to be parenting in poverty.

I just can't agree with anything you're saying.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Ok maysay I must have misunderstood because in other threads you spoke of actively working against parenting in poverty

And that you focus your attention/time/resources on "preventing" parenting in poverty because you care about that much more strongly than say fair wages for women

There are 2 types of parenting "in poverty". 1) I have no way to take care of my children but through government programs and community/family handouts and can't provide basics like safety and 2)my income is below or near the poverty line but I provide everything my children need without outside help.

I am totally against 1. And because I am against it I am FOR other things like: universal healthcare (and birth control), universal education, good public transportation, an automatic basic income for all adults, etc. Because by giving people these things automatically they are more likely to be well adjusted and successful and therefore less likely to be parenting in poverty.

I just can't agree with anything you're saying.

So you can't agree with universal healthcare and education and things like that? ok then.
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:59pm
My LO (little one) will be 6 months when I return to work in August.... 
I would love to be able to SAH with him or work part-time but it's not currently an option. 
I knew this when we decided to TTC (try to conceive)... 
However I choose a career that I thought would be family friendly (education)
I work 10 months out of a year... yeah for summer breaks
He will attend daycare while we are at work like many other children..
I'm sure I will be sad at each drop off and miss his smile and laugh during the day... sighhhhh 
Unfortunately that's our reality 

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

everything they need up to what point?  you are talking about the basic needs I am assuming

Yes, basic needs. Not wants/luxuries.

You have one family below the poverty line and they have to depend on WIC, daycare subsidies, free breakfast/lunch program, section 8, medicaid, and having family members provide things like diapers or whatever.

Then you have another family below the poverty line but they own their own home, feed their own kids, pay their own health insurance, etc.

I have a problem with people bringing children into a situation like number 1. I think there are societal changes we can make that makes that choice much less likely, or if it happens, much less detrimental to the child.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:05pm
Damn, now getting reduced lunch at school throws you into the bad parent category.

I smell a really false dichotomy.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:06pm
I am for things like that, they're just not in the US near future.

How is WIC, free breakfast, medicaid detrimental to a child?

Almost any pregnant woman can get on medicaid, that's awesome do you know how much it cost to have a child?
Do you know how it's detrimental for a family to NOT be able to take their child to the hospital because they just cant afford it, what if that child dies, when they could be on medicaid.

I think it depends on the people raising the child, not the HELP out there that IS needed.

WIC anybody can get that as well.. 

There are family below poverty line but above being able to get help, how about them..
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:08pm
What if there is a family that sends their kids to daycare, has their kids get reduced lunch, gets hand-me-downs from family but also owns their own home, and pays for their own health insurance.

Which category do they fall in? 1 or 2?
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:14pm
I don't see why this is difficult to understand.

Having a child is a choice. If you cannot afford to care for said child (food, shelter, medical care, safety, etc.) then you should not have a child. And you certainly shouldn't have multiple children.

But, because I believe that communities are only as strong as the individuals in them and that children should not have to suffer for the mistakes of their dumb ass parents, I support having a strong safety net to provide for those children. Though ideally the safety net would be more focused on preventing those situations in the first place.

It is simple.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Yes, basic needs. Not wants/luxuries.

You have one family below the poverty line and they have to depend on WIC, daycare subsidies, free breakfast/lunch program, section 8, medicaid, and having family members provide things like diapers or whatever.

Then you have another family below the poverty line but they own their own home, feed their own kids, pay their own health insurance, etc.

I have a problem with people bringing children into a situation like number 1. I think there are societal changes we can make that makes that choice much less likely, or if it happens, much less detrimental to the child.

I guess extracurricular activities, scholastic programs and college are wants/luxuries
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 46>