Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:43pm
I'll use daycare for my kids one day.
I don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm in a career that I love and I'm not planning on giving that up.
/shrug

Edited by missdeeluxe - Jun 05 2014 at 12:44pm
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:44pm
Some of the ideas expressed in this thread are so baffling to me.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:45pm
I'm not a mama Jones 

And I work from home and could afford a nanny and I also have a husband that could support me himself

So it's not personal or about me

but I empathize with women that make agonizing choices to put their kids in daycare and realize that the ideal isn't everyone's reality and that children can be balanced, emotionally and intellectually sound with a stay at home mom and/or a mom that works 

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 05 2014 at 2:10pm
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:46pm
I also want to have my own 401k and consistently earn social security.  I know there are work arounds, but...nah.  Just give me my money and I'll do an IRA on my own in addition to my work benefits. Stern Smile  I have bills to pay with or without hubby. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Some of the ideas expressed in this thread are so baffling to me.
They are definitely eye opening.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

do yall not know some mothers that were able to "do it all" so to speak?

I'm wondering because the way they speak women who are childless rule the workplace. At this stage in my career not having kids was actually a disadvantage because in mixed company with the males kids and what they're doing dominate the chit chat (men still revert to sports when there are no women around). While they are talking little league and soccer, I'm like ummmmm..that's cute, super awkward.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:48pm

I work two jobs by choice until i retire in the next few years . God bless me with a wonderful Husband and Father . We have our days that i want to quit both jobs , but i am bless to to work at the Hospital and my daughter school as the nurse PT . Nothing is easy rasing a child . I try to enjoy each moment no matter what . Children grow so fast . I only read the last page since last night. My husband never goes out or leaves our daughter to party like back in the day before India . Maybe that's the reason we are ok at our age with a young child .   

Edited by india100 - Jun 05 2014 at 12:49pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:50pm

The VPs (women) at my company have kids (some with grandkids) and their children seem to be okay (I don't know them personally, but they aren't strung out or anything lol)

I know this isn't the case for every family, but people make it work
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:53pm
I haven't had my nails done since high school, I rarely get my hair done just trying to figure out how to style my hair myself because I'd never place that over any of my childs needs, its crazy
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Ok maysay I must have misunderstood because in other threads you spoke of actively working against parenting in poverty

And that you focus your attention/time/resources on "preventing" parenting in poverty because you care about that much more strongly than say fair wages for women

There are 2 types of parenting "in poverty". 1) I have no way to take care of my children but through government programs and community/family handouts and can't provide basics like safety and 2)my income is below or near the poverty line but I provide everything my children need without outside help.

I am totally against 1. And because I am against it I am FOR other things like: universal healthcare (and birth control), universal education, good public transportation, an automatic basic income for all adults, etc. Because by giving people these things automatically they are more likely to be well adjusted and successful and therefore less likely to be parenting in poverty.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 46>
  Share Topic