Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

If you need daycare you shouldnt have children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 39>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:11pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:11pm
I would be bored with kids all day.
No thanks.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I'm surprised you are okay with them living in poverty

Well that's because they are able to take care of themselves and their children without outside help. Having a low-income doesn't mean you are lacking.

They generally have no debt and very few expenses. They live frugally and tend to be anti-consumerist, buying secondhand, using coupons, reduced price things, craigslist, recycling, etc. so that they can spend on the things they find most important.

They tend to prioritize being able to spend time with their children and having different experiences so they don't waste money on things like eating out or cable or buying brand new clothes, etc.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

[QUOTE=purpulicious01]And since we all are sharing our personal experiences...

I plan to put my career on hold when I become a mom so I can stay home with my kids (And "boredom" isn't a word in my vocabulary because my kids and I will frequent the zoo, parks, museums, stay active, go outside, etc, cause we gangstas like that).

[/QUOTE

I agree...i don't get how mothers say they were "bored" while at home with their kids... My mom would take us everywhere and during that time we also took swim classes which im glad she did. More kids should learn how to swim before they start school.

But i think it goes back to having kids because you actually want them vs having kids bc thats what society says....

There is no way to keep them busy ALLL day, I'm sure your mom got bored sitting at activities. 
My baby is taking swimming lessons this summer thugh Cool
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:13pm
Oh, and I want kids.
I also want them to have experiences with friends, family, activities outside of me and I want the same for myself.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:14pm
yeah they need that targeted purposeful learning BEFORE kindergarten

You can do that at home but most would need help with teaching skills and the curriculum and early childhood learning/psychology fundamentals etc

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:18pm

This is how education would look in my house, so I'll leave it to the professionals. LOL  
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I'd bring kids into this world knowing that they'd be going to daycare.  I'd bring kids into this world knowing that I'm not homeschooling them.  I might even feed them a chicken nugget or two...from the freezer! *irresponsible as f*ck* Cool
You  also gonna feed them processed foods instead of organic home grown food?!Shocked

*calls cps*
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:21pm
I have a 4 year old niece, her mom is a SAHM, she wants to go to school so bad, she has a little book bag for pretend school and everything. All the preschoolers I know like school. I think a lot of people are projecting insecurities and feelings kids don't even have on this issue.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:25pm
Ok maysay I must have misunderstood because in other threads you spoke of actively working against parenting in poverty

And that you focus your attention/time/resources on "preventing" parenting in poverty because you care about that much more strongly than say fair wages for women

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 39>
  Share Topic