Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 46>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:48am

in Maryland you can only have a certain amount of kids per teacher in a class, so the number is small by law

Provider /Child Ratio
Age Range Ratios for Center Based Care in Maryland State
Infants (1:3)
Young toddlers (1:3)
2 years (1:6)
Preschool (1:10)
Schoolage (1:15)
Mixed age group varies by ages

Worker Qualifications
Senior Staff: At least 20 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent or successful completion of courses for credit from accredited college or university; and 6 semester hours or 90 clock hours of approved training or CDA and either 1 year supervised work experience in group program for preschoolers or as a registered family child care provider, or 1 year of college or equivalent combination of college and experience; or at least 19 years old and hold AA degree in early childhood education or recreation. Persons approved or certified by State Department of Education as teacher for grades nursery through third grade are also considered qualified as senior staff.

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 05 2014 at 11:51am
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:49am

maysay you live in bizzaro world

you still never said what exactly a great life is to you
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Yes, it's irresponsible. Deliberately choosing to have a child you have no other choice but to put in daycare most of the time isn't right. Just like you're a bad parent if you bring a child into this world knowing you're a drug addict, or homeless, or your SO beats you, or you don't have a way to feed the child.

And pregnancies are not accidents. If you have sex, even if it's protected, you are accepting the possibility that you may get pregnant.

But folks do what they want to do, everyone else, child included, be damned.

And people who are raped? ...yeah. OH WELL it happens everyday so whatever.

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I actually think big name daycare are worse. 
Id rather a small one with 3 or 4 children at most. 

I know one that still has a curriculum and the works but keeps the number small so there can be concentrated special care.. 

I would hate to take my baby to a big time daycare where they are just one of the herd

True well on my side of town which is a nicer side (& predominately mexican or white), I saw that it would be more diverse place for my daughter and I can trust she's in a nice facility, and they won't do anything to let there reputable name be dragged down. 

It all depends on the person and going to actually visit the places.

Edited by Bribby - Jun 05 2014 at 11:51am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:51am
It's one to six most places for children.
One to 3 for infants.

But I really wouldn't want too many ppl around.

So I would only want one care giver not all this ppl and at the bigger places there are usually more than one.

I'm biased I worked at a nice daycare at the end of high school for a little while.
Those ppl paid good money for subpar treatment.

I don't like daycares really as a rule
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:53am

so are both parents supposed to work from home until the child is 18???????????????
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:54am
Lol. I live in a world where I expect people to demonstrate a modicum of forethought before they make life changing decisions. I guess that's bizarro.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:54am
I'd bring kids into this world knowing that they'd be going to daycare.  I'd bring kids into this world knowing that I'm not homeschooling them.  I might even feed them a chicken nugget or two...from the freezer! *irresponsible as f*ck* Cool
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I'd bring kids into this world knowing that they'd be going to daycare.  I'd bring kids into this world knowing that I'm not homeschooling them.  I might even feed them a chicken nugget or two...from the freezer! *irresponsible as f*ck* Cool

take her ovaries now.....lol
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:55am
I don't like daycares with multiple care givers.

I wish I wanted to live near my SO's mom
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:55am
Well my child started daycare at 2, so you have to think about that too.
She's more like getting ready for school, where they put as many kids as they want sometimes up to 26 & she's super advanced. 
If she was a baby baby, then of course I would want her at a small place, where they have a small ratio.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style