Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"If you need daycare you shouldn't have children"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:30am
nothing wrong with daycare or being a SAHM...just do you, most good parents want to do right by their children
Sponsored Links

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:31am
I hate that something as beautiful as motherhood has become just another source of argument for women - whether it's SAHM bashing career moms, or vice versa. 

Suggestion: How about we offer support and respect, not condescension, to all mothers, whether they be SAHM or working moms. 

... just an idea. 
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 9:34am
I hate it when some people have a superiority complex so deep, they think their rules are the default for everyone. She should just STFU.

People like that will tend to have life changes happen out of the blue just to take them off their high horse and give them a reality check. ANYTHING could happen to change her "perfect" life in a blink of an eye:

Her husband could die suddenly....

He could become paralyzed and not be able to work....

Their kids could get terribly sick....

A freak accident could happen to any of them with their horses....like fall on them or something. Just sayin. Life is choc full of changes for whatever reason.....

She should just appreciate what she has, STFU and have a seat.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 10:17am
And since we all are sharing our personal experiences...

I plan to put my career on hold when I become a mom so I can stay home with my kids (And "boredom" isn't a word in my vocabulary because my kids and I will frequent the zoo, parks, museums, stay active, go outside, etc, cause we gangstas like that).

I'm a maternal person and being with my kids would make me happy. I prefer to be their main caregiver and wouldn't be  comfortable sending my children to daycare.

My mom was a SAHM while my father worked outside the house , and am so appreciative of that because it had soooo many benefits to my siblings and I as children and even now as adults.

Unfortunately, our society insults and looks down on SAHMs and doesn't give enough respect to the role of being a homemaker.

While I encourage women to make sacrifices, if they can, in other areas of their lives to be with their children, especially during their formative years (studies show the important of a strong mother-child bond and mother's presence during these years),  but I recognize the reality is that there are many women who work, some out of choice and others out of necessity, and frankly that's not anyone's business but their own. 

To each his/her own.

Every parent should take time to research, contemplate, and decide what's best for their family. 

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 10:45am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ct-working-moms/end-the-mommy-wars_b_3416553.html

All this reminds me of the "end the mommy wars" movement. LOL
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 10:50am
Found out that a coworker of mind looked into daycare at my place of employment.

He found out that it will cost him and his wife 1700 a month!!!!!! 

Thats verbal birth control right their.
NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:00am
Thumbs Up
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

nothing wrong with daycare or being a SAHM...just do you, most good parents want to do right by their children
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:01am
We pay $300 every 2 weeks. They must have more than one child?
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:08am
i'm all for stopping the mommy wars (cheering from the sidelines). 

some people might have been offended by my opinions on this subject but my personal beliefs do not make me any less supportive of women's rights. 

i'm pro choice but i would never have an abortion. i'm pro mother's rights to send their kids to daycare while they work but i wouldn't choose that route myself if i were a mother. 

just want to make this clear. 

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I heard this comment today while at lunch and it mad me think of the hair braiding thread...

The lady who made the comment is well to do and a stay at home mother.
She doesn't feel anyone should be tending to her kids but her and her husband. Also if parents can't afford to have one stay home they can't afford children.

You agree?

This made me think of other things that children might go to as well where a parent might not be all the time

In a perfect world, by all means yes but circumstances can change in a heartbeat.  But I understand her thinking.  Hell my friend's mother strongly believes in this thinking and knowing a bit of her background, I totally understand why.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 46>