Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

If you need daycare you shouldnt have children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 39>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but that's the thing...i'm defending the statement from a place of the person saying it has an okay life and you're saying people who have terrible lives shouldn't do it...that's a given.

It's not a given for most people.

I get that people are going to have children, it's just part of the human condition. I just feel bad for every child who is forced into bad circumstances.

And then there's the issue of in general the world is only getting worse. But I know most people don't consider that to be relevant.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:08pm
I want any future children I have to know home is a safe haven and his or her parents love them unconditionally.Thumbs Up

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I always wanted to be a parent, cause I'm awesome and think the world needs more like me. .lol
Having biological children was never a must have for me. I'd still like to adopt one day.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:23pm
my mom was home with me until around 4th grade.  it was great.  and we were poor.  so yeah...
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

It's extreme if your standard for having kids is a 'great' life. Why not decent?
I agree Random . We as black folk have raised 8 kids with one person working in a factory for a few dollars . I understand the cost of living is much more , but if you can provide shelter , food , love , time and the basic needs for a child and desire one , who am i too judge ? I think the current generation place too much value on the children wearing designer shoes and clothing for example . Nice to see you . Hope you and your family are doing well . Good night . JMO
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:39pm
Exactly what i said .  I only gave a example . I am living it as a parent . Everyone have a safe blessed night.

Edited by india100 - Jun 04 2014 at 10:43pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

my mom was home with me until around 4th grade.  it was great.  and we were poor.  so yeah...

i was gonna say a lot of poor folk stay home with their choldren cause they have no jobs mhmmmm

Smile
Off to read the thread backwards
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:54pm
Not everyone WANTS to be a stay at home mother....
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I just wonder if 2 partners at a law firm working 100+ a week raise a child....someone has to be there. Not saying their job is less than or makes less money because there are wives who own their own business and make more while staying home with the kids than the hubby that goes to work...but someone's gotta be there...consistently.

It is tough, but it can be done. You can have it all, just not at the same time or in equal percentages. 

It actually never occurred to me that I wouldn't have a career.

Maybe because my mom always worked. She always said if Daddy got tired of the law, we'd eat off her salary. 

But yeah, you always have folk in your home. Shopping, cooking, picking kids up from school, etc. 
And, the kids did grow up knowing that Mommy and Daddy were gonna miss somethings, and that weekends were always punctuated with work, but they understood why. 

I didn't go to every game or PTA meeting. Neither did my husband. Never was gonna happen.
We coordinated so that one of us was there.

The funny thing is, our kids are way better people than many of the yt kids who actually had mothers who didn't work.  Fairfield County is full of super rich folk who don't want to make time for their kids. Yt folk amaze me.

Welp, enough fun for the night.
Good night and good luck BHM.
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 11:05pm
I couldn't leave my newborn with ANYBODY. My nephew's daycare accepts babies at least 1 week old.....wtf? You are nowhere near being healed after a week. But I guess it all comes down to making better choices. Oh well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 39>
  Share Topic