Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

If you need daycare you shouldnt have children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 39>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:53pm
Hmm. As a male, i think these 4 are closest reasons for me. Sort of a mixture I suppose.

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

2. To carry on family name.

I don't really care about my family name but I do want a child to carry on my legacy, even more now that I don't believe in an after life.

4. It's human nature.

I've imagined being a father since I was a kid myself, often contrasting what my father did with what I planned to do when I became a father. I'm not sure if that's exactly human nature but the instinctive feeling of wanting to be a father has been around since I can remember.

6. To let their children (who don't exist yet) experience the joy of existence.

I do think about all of the things I want to share with my kids, the fun of the hobbies I enjoy, the beauty of the places I like to visit, the taste of the foods I like to cook. It's def a romanticized view of life but I admit it is a driving force.

9. They want children of their own, with their own bloodline. 

I've thought about adopting (mostly because the two women I've seriously dated have had fertility issues) but I admit that it would be somewhat disappointing since I really want children with my blood, my genes, my features. 

I'm not sure if any of these are particularly good reasons. And reading them on paper, maybe some of it is shallow, but that's how I feel I guess. The driving force to be a better parent than my father was is especially strong, and I'm not sure why. I also want to learn from my kids, which may be weird too.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jun 04 2014 at 8:55pm
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:02pm
I always wanted to be a parent, cause I'm awesome and think the world needs more like me. .lol
Having biological children was never a must have for me. I'd still like to adopt one day.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

daycare is expensive anyway

well good ones........

many stay home because they cannot afford to send their kids to one

girl I know had twins and daycare would have been $3500 each month for them, a family member watches her kids

This is actually what I see most, women who stay home because almost their entire paycheck would go to daycare anyway so there's no point.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

think i'ma shake things up a bit and place myself in the hot seat. 
*dodges tomatoes*

do yall agree with this?

top 10 reasons why people have children.

1. To have someone who would take care of them when they get old. 

2. To carry on family name. 

3. Because they love babies. 

4. It's human nature. 

5. Pregnancy and childbirth are life experiences. 

6. To let their children (who don't exist yet) experience the joy of existence.

7. To give parents grandchildren.

8. To embody love for each other. 

9. They want children of their own, with their own bloodline. 

10. They don't know.

Most of these reasons are just dumb. But 1, 2, 6, 7, and 9 just disgust me.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:10pm
i can rationalize why someone might feel disgust for some of these but what's disgusting about number 2 or 6...2 can happen with adoption as well.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:11pm
thanks for your responses  and honesty rt and melikey. 

i've spent quite a bit of time analyzing the pros and cons of MY having children but i can't think of one good reason that doesn't feel like some kind of search for existential fulfillment which to ME seems to be in vain so why bother.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:11pm
I remember driving past a mediocre day care center in town. The sign boasted a special: $350 a week for daycare.

$350 week
4 weeks in a month
$1,400 month
$16,800 year

My face after I did the mental math: jawdrop
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:12pm
Just throwing this out there if anyone is curious.  In 2011 while I was in school, my daycare bill was $1,100/mo for one full-time and one before school.  Yes, I could have found some child herding center for cheaper, but this place was fabulous, loved my children and my youngest had preschool built into his day.  

Most people I know don't even look for a daycare until they're pregnant.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:13pm
It's the middle class that suffers. Lower class qualifies for caps and upper class can afford it.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:15pm
i don't know how moms do it, seriously.  that's a 2nd mortgage.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 39>
  Share Topic