Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

If you need daycare you shouldnt have children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 39>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:41pm
I'll stick with  collards and mustard greens.Smile

Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:44pm
well there are countries that have 1yr maternity/paternity leave policies 

Not the reality in America so....

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 04 2014 at 7:47pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

to clarify, i find it weird for married women who have children on purpose to place their babies in daycare. not so much for women who are newly divorced (for example) and need to work to keep a roof over their family's head. 

eta: still none of my business what other people do

Married.  Had kids on purpose.  Worked from home for years, was laid off and placed them in daycare while I retrained and then while I worked.  My children eat every day and that costs money.  Money comes from work.  

Not knocking you personally noneyons but this board confuses the hell out of me sometimes.  Feminists one day.  Want wives pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen the next.  Want financial independence one day.  Want a rich husband and to stay home the next.  That lady shouldn't have left her baby at the salon but Beyonce needs to come Blue's hair....

Anyhow, I do what works for us.  As long as my kids are healthy and happy, rounded and able to try things they are interested in I'm good.  The minute their physical, mental or emotional health is in question, my job, friends and yes if it came down to it even my husband could kiss my ass.  Being a mom first doesn't mean spending the majority of your time in your kids' face.  It means your priorities are weighted.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:46pm
LOL...kale and rare steak . Her comment is kind of sexist...why can't the man stay home?
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:48pm
Women know your place, in the home raising kids and washing dishes.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:54pm
good point, missunshine. 

but we're veering off subject talking about women staying in their place. i respect yall's opinion but the OP is not about women quitting their jobs to stay home to raise their kids. its about women/men choosing to have kids before they're financially equipped to take an extended leave from work to focus on child rearing

Edited by noneyons - Jun 04 2014 at 7:55pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:56pm
Extended leave??
No she's one of the types to think if you're working you failed in choosing a man .

It works for her
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:56pm
Maybe she doesn't want to take an extended leave from work. Years of leave until the kid is able to attend school. Maybe her career is actually important to her.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jun 04 2014 at 7:57pm
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:59pm
Everybody can not have the picture perfect life shyt happens. Let's say you get married and then you and your husband get divorced then what. You should stay at home and not have any money but at least you spending time with your kids. You should be homeless because you staying home taking care of your kids. People be saying dumb ass stuff good for her that her husband make enough money and she can stay home. What will happen if he lose his job or something and she have to get out there and make money. Women been working and taking care of kids for ages and it will never change. Just because you spend X amount of hours with your kid or kids does not make you a better parent then the next person.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:59pm
I really don't understand having a baby with the intention of not spending time with them.

Whether you send them to daycare or have a nanny or whatever. Why have a child to purposely have others care for them? I just don't get it. It feels to me that people are clearly not having a child with the child being their most important priority.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 39>
  Share Topic