Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If You Had the Extra $$$ to Donate to Education
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

If You Had the Extra $$$ to Donate to Education

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:23am
My school and something to help students with Dyscalculia
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:24am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I really want to make the kids in the above post possessive (kids'), but BHM won't let me edit my post from my iPad.
sorry bhm won't let you be great Hug
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Neka, I taught in Upward Bound for years at my university. I swear, you had to pull the kids arms to come. It confused me, because they were literally paying the kids to learn and even that wasn't motivation enough for some. I help in a program now called the PLUS Program. It gives minority undergrads exposure to the "law school experience." They pay those kids too, and you still have to twist most of their arms to work.
bless you lima!! it was, with out a doubt, one of my favorite experiences in my life. you could tell how much devotion the teachers had being there every saturday and m-f during the summer.

really!? kids don't wanna be there? i loved the experience!! besides the stipend (ppbbtt big whoop), we went on educational field trips (galleries, museums, concerts, operas), it kept our minds fresh during what could be a summer lag and provided us with 2 college courses (government and sociology) our senior year in hs. it fostered our natural desire to learn and encouraged many of us to go to college.

smh-- it's a wonderful program that does a LOT of good. people need to wake up.

It is a great program. We did SAT/ACT prep programs too. It does warm my heart to know it helped people. I think most kids got more focused in college. Something about high school makes kids want to act like they don't care about anything.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:32am
I'd start my own school and give back to my alma mater (an HBCU).
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:39am

It is a great program. We did SAT/ACT prep programs too. It does warm my heart to know it helped people. I think most kids got more focused in college. Something about high school makes kids want to act like they don't care about anything.
forgot ALLLL about that. they also did fafsa assistance and going over the differences between grants, loans, teaching us about grace periods and the like.

yeah not caring is all a part of the (cliche) adolescent culture. you're just so focused on finding what you're about; there's not much left for anything/one else.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:57am
That is so true. Overall, I had great kids. I taught higher level mathematics ( Pre-Calculator/Calc) and Science, so I had bright kids. All of my kids went to college, and most on scholarship. I have to agree with you that Upward Bound would be a great program to endow.

I'm proud to see you doing well. I know your family must be really proud of your Neka.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 4:00am
^^^ thank you lima & thank you SO very much for the time & love you put into teaching. it really does make a world of difference. Hug
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 4:03am
Some would go to My schools athletics department, and the rest would go to the high school I work at, idk doing what though. Maybe starting a program or I would just donate and be done with it
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 6:02am
I would donate to K-12 science departments.
I'd also like to fund experiential education and build "outdoor classrooms" for schools.
Lastly, I'd like to give scholarships to teachers of math and science who want to pursue masters or doctorates

ETA: The vast majority of problems within schools though are disorganization and the general pedagogy of teachers, administrators, unions, superintendents and the politics involved. Many people who are employed to make decisions about our childrens futures are not genuinely invested in bettering our community. 

Edited by leftywefty - May 17 2013 at 6:06am
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 6:51am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

early education, elementary and middle schools.

Yes this would be my answer too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>