Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If You had the choice...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

Yeah, this is a tough question. Each side has its faults. I'm leaning towards Sang's answer though, only because personally, I think all the hardships made some people in our race stronger and unique. I only say some because theres a wholeee lot of black people who still don't get it or don't care at all. Mostly the younger generation though

But then saying I wouldn't change anything makes it seem like I'm saying it is okay that the people back then were slaves and treated poorly.

Ehh idk, I'm still thinking about my answer I guess

The bold was gonna be my answer.....When I think of my people I always think of Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Every line of that poem embodies my people and how we continue to persevre through all of the bullish
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:16am
I would make it that neither white or black are enslaved/mistreated and (if God gave me free pass), everyone who raised their voice about segregation, racial discrimination or thought to be better than someone else due to their skin color, either white or black, would be shot to death.

That way there wouldn't be no oppressors, no racism, no injustice.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Fucc equality, I want rulership. 

I wouldn't change anything because what white folks have coming to them is far greater than what we can imagine. 

This.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:29am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Fucc equality, I want rulership. 

I wouldn't change anything because what white folks have coming to them is far greater than what we can imagine. 

This.

This x me
Luv2Teach View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Luv2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:29am
Off topic but this just got me to thinking....right now we're covering the Indian Removal in the US and after the holiday break we'll cover the Civil War and its kind of a weird feeling teaching kids of their history. 

But we were discussing apartheid Friday bc of the death of Madiba and the kids were confused as the how Whites could control a region that they've known to be predominantly Black. Before I could explain it myself another student stated..."Well it's just like how technically the US was predominantly Native American and you see what happened with them"

Our demographics are a lot of upper middle class predominantly black and white students, who have lived these sheltered lives in the suburbs and have never really seen nor personally dealt with racial inequality. A lot of the white kids just can't seem to grasp the concept of how f*ckin cruel their ancestors were. They're almost in a shocked state as of where they used to actively participate, they now kinda shy away from being included in the discussions. One little girl (white) even came and told me one day that she was clueless that the trail of tears was so harsh. she'd always thought the people had to move because of something they had done. 

I just said all of that to say i'm glad I've never had to live those lies to one day be exposed to the truth. Its almost like telling them Santa isn't real all over again. 
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:19am
^^You sound like a great teacher.
OP, I wouldn't change anything.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

If I could change history I would simply make everyone of all races equal.
This.

But if I had to pick, Black folk rule. I doubt We would not be as crazy as yt folk.Evil Smile
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 3:18am
Eh hm..... someone pass me a whip and cracker please and just give me 2 decades
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:39am
you mean.. would i have just rather been born white?  
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:43am
Guuuuuuuuuuuurl!!!!!^
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System