Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If You had the choice...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If You had the choice...
    Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:19pm
...to change history in any way possible where Black people had the "black privilege" and white people were treated the way we were/are treated, would you take that chance?

Even if that means you would be the oppressor and your ancestors enslaved white people. 

• If your answer is yes, Would you become a black person who tried to understand white culture and be at their rallies trying to help their cause of affirmative action, or would you be that black person who had their head in the clouds acting as if racism didn't exist ? 

• Or would you become a full blown racist who contributed to hiding the truth about what your ancestors did in order to keep our people in a good light?

• Or would you not change history at all?

Be truthful, ya'lll Big smile I'm curious about the answers
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:21pm

If I could change history I would simply make everyone of all races equal.

Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I would too. BUT say you didn't have that choice, only the choices I gave you. What would be your answer then?
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:30pm
I wouldn't change anything.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I would too. BUT say you didn't have that choice, only the choices I gave you. What would be your answer then?

ehhh idk

i wouldnt want me or any of my ancestors to be responsible for oppressing anybody....

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:42pm

but at the same rate being the oppressed group isn't much fun either...

Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:49pm
Yeah, this is a tough question. Each side has its faults. I'm leaning towards Sang's answer though, only because personally, I think all the hardships made some people in our race stronger and unique. I only say some because theres a wholeee lot of black people who still don't get it or don't care at all. Mostly the younger generation though

But then saying I wouldn't change anything makes it seem like I'm saying it is okay that the people back then were slaves and treated poorly.

Ehh idk, I'm still thinking about my answer I guess
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:54pm
Fucc equality, I want rulership. 

I wouldn't change anything because what white folks have coming to them is far greater than what we can imagine. 
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:55pm
I wouldn't make any changes. I would be afraid of the consequences, I would fear the outcome of my choices as I can't predict which future events which would be altered.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:56pm
I can't abide injustice... I'd want to right it

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair