Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

If you found out you and your husband were ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

You ever watch the gypsy wedding show? They marry cousins to keep there family line more pure.
Ugh yes!Dead

They marry super young and some marry their 1st cousins. They have a look about them...
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 12:45am
This topic actually reminds me of when I first moved out east after college.

I moved to Jersey where my mom and a LOT of my family is from - literally all over the state in HUGE numbers. I randomly met this guy when I was out one day and we clicked. Then one day my aunt met him, and somehow we got on the topic of family and she started asking questions. Turns out he was related. Dead

His mother was the daughter of my grandmother's cousin. I was so skeeved lol. Totally put the brakes on whatever spark we had. And he had the nerve to be like "but that's so distant". NOT DISTANT ENOUGH.

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 1:19am
Nope. If you had family that stayed in one place for a number of years and the same with your partner then the chance is high that you are related. Many people have that and they are all normal.

If you have had one of those DNA test you can enter your extended raw data into a university website and see how many of your relatives were related to each other. I did it and it conformed what I already knew from research, I had on my mothers side family that married back and forth a couple of times.

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 2:58am
I'm glad this probably will NOT happen to me. We DIG into family to prevent this. It's cultural anyway.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Going by that diagram, by 4th cousin, it don't even count.

I think it would matter if the couple were first cousins more because they share more chromosomal information.
In the Bible, I believe Jacob and Rachel were first cousins...I believe that happened a lot.
I remember reading the story of Henrietta Lacks and she and her husband were first cousins....They were raised together by a grandparent or relative and shared the same room.  He was a little older than her.  Their first child had problems though and was placed in an institution in Annapolis, MD. That place was notorious for the experiments they conducted on those children.
Didn't King Henry viii married within the family?
I don't know about that but yeah the European monarchy is essentially inbred. Queen Victoria married and had kids with her first cousin Albert.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:47am
First cousins

But never siblings

I don't get why religious people would be upset at the idea of marrying relatives

Aren't we all from Adam and Eve?
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:01am
Yes that's true and people married/had babies with their relatives in the Bible too.

That being said, I couldn't imagine marrying my cousins mainly because I see them like I see my brothers and that's just too much for me.LOL

I do know people who fell in love and married and later found out they were cousins though, it's cool to each their own.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 6:09am
My mom comes from a small city and it is a rule that you ask for their last name and then go back and run it pass the elders to get the green light. I couldn't do it..I always ask a lot of questions..find out where people are from, their family's family is from and surnames all of that. I wouldn't go to the altar without getting clearance...and usually that means they've met the family and I've met his. It would be disturbing to know after the fact...I'm like..just don't tell us
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 6:53am

1st cousins- oh hell naw

2nd cousins - Kinda of removed but very iffy

3rd cousins - we are removed and genetically different.
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:23am
I know wayyyyyyy to many family members (mostly cousins) for that ish. 

I remember my first corporate job and 8 months or so into it finding out my Manager was my cousin. I knew we came from the same island but we never went into detail about our family members until she mentioned a cousin of mine name. What if she was a man and I happen to have a crush on him or something. I couldn't imagine. Id be mortified.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic