Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you could do it all over again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:39pm
i try not to have any regrets (almost ironically got, 'no looking back, no regrets' tatted on my back...Geek)

but at the same time.. most ppl cant grow without realizing they've made mistakes.. 

ive made a lot... my rationale is backwards at times.. and.. yall probably didnt know this... but i tend to overreact 

Edited by coconess - Jan 22 2014 at 5:39pm
Sponsored Links

StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:50pm
Career choice- No, being a salon owner is not as fun or glamorous as I thought it would be. Taxes are always brutal, stylists are not the easiest to manage, constantly changing trends I have to learn, lets not talk about how the state is ALWAYS pestering about some new law and fines. I would have rather done Law.

Marriage- Yes, nicca is a hard worker, says "excuse me" when he farts, and makes pretty babies Stern Smile .

Family- Yes, but I would have had her younger! 30 was too old and I worry about how much time we will have with her and I am "tired" already. Many don't agree, but I envy those who had their child young.

Friends- My core friends get an absolute YES!
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Oh and the marriage and family I can't speak to.
feel like all my friends, good or bad, taught me something so there's that. Even if they weren't the best friend I learned what kind of person I don't want to hang around in the future.

Man...this is so true. The older you get the more you see it.
Good for you. And good for you for going in with your eyes open. Nothing worse than getting 20+ years down the road and wondering "what if?"
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:51pm
As far as career/family/life in general, NO. I wished I would have taken advantage of opportunities, instead of thinking I know everything, but that was 20s.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I don't want to do it all over. I just want to get this current sh*t straight and keep it moving.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Career choice- No, being a salon owner is not as fun or glamorous as I thought it would be. Taxes are always brutal, stylists are not the easiest to manage, constantly changing trends I have to learn, lets not talk about how the state is ALWAYS pestering about some new law and fines. I would have rather done Law.

Marriage- Yes, nicca is a hard worker, says "excuse me" when he farts, and makes pretty babies Stern Smile .

Family- Yes, but I would have had her younger! 30 was too old and I worry about how much time we will have with her and I am "tired" already. Many don't agree, but I envy those who had their child young.

Friends- My core friends get an absolute YES!

Lol! Gurl, then keep that nicca!
Mine thinks farts are funny.
I told him a pillow over his face some dark, stormy night is a funny idea too!!

Edited by ragincajin - Jan 22 2014 at 5:56pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

[QUOTE=ragincajin]I'm curious.
There's another thread asking about degrees, which made me think: If you knew 'then' what you know 'now,' would you do it all over again?

Career choice- YES . I love my career as a Nurse . Ready to retire .
Marriage- Yes. I am so thankful i found the right man ,
Family- Definite Yes
Friends- I love my friends like family . 
Good topic . Embarrassed

You got me beat. As a teenager I volunteered at a hospital and knew it wasn't for me. But thank the Lord for the people like you :)
Glad it worked out well for ya India.
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:12pm
Career choice- No, I would change.   I would do something in the culinary arts. Something more creative than tax accting.
Marriage- Yes and No.  I guess it depends on the day.
Family- Still deciding.
Friends- Yes and no regrets.  Had to let some go and lost a couple of them along the way. 

Edited by Ds2nice - Jan 22 2014 at 6:14pm
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:23pm
Career choice-No
Marriage-No
Family-No
Friends-No
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Career choice-No
Marriage-No
Family-No
Friends-No

What's that now?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More