Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If I sew in a closure ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If I sew in a closure ...
    Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:48pm
I want to use a closure for my next install. If I sew in a lace closure, can I do numerous parts (left part, right part, middle part) and slick the hair back (like what you do when you put a headband on) as if it's my own scalp and hair? Or is the closure literally "fixed"? 

If so, does that mean I'll have to get my hair installed like the direction of a u part wig and attach clips on the closure or something? Still new to this closure business. What will I have to do? 
Sponsored Links

butterfly_2957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly_2957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:34pm
You can order a free style closure so that you can part in the middle, left or right side...I think this is what you are asking..right?
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:46pm
Depends on the size of the closure and the placement.
cici1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cici1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

Depends on the size of the closure and the placement.

What size would you need for side part, middle part, & bangs?
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:44pm
If you want something that you can slick back, I would look into getting a frontal that covers your whole hairline. Closures really are just that, a closure, that are usually 3-4 inches wide and long. If you want enough parting space to be able to do a middle and side part, I would go with 4 inches or 5 inches wide. If you want to be able to pull the hair off of your face, you can use poisonivy (YouTube) method to place your closure. She does it behind the hairline and doesn't have a definite "part." 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:08pm
i believe it is a 4x5 closure. butterfly_2957 I I hope it's a free style closure! I will have to ask once I get on Aliexpress. All I can say is it is a "top closure" b/c I'm still new to closures and all Smile this is close to what it looks like but a different texture since it is being custom made http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Chinese-virgin-hair-Kinky-curl-top-closure/316876_494732416.html

thanks for the suggestions but i just want to know if I can do that stuff with a closure? B/c I was originally going to make a wig out of it so I can freely move the closure wig to the part I want. But i cannot make a wig anymore so now that I'm probably going to have to sew it in, I just want to know if a closure that is 4x5 can do the 3 parts and maybe a slick back style? 

and if not, i just wanted to know if there are any other options like using clips so I can take it off and move it around? 

thanks thebombdotkom :) I've seen her video and that's what caused me to come here cause I noticed she only kept it in one part and parted one part of her hair that she matched her closure up with. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:21pm
do you ladies have any suggestions for how to moisturize my hair if I sew the closure down by the way? 
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

i believe it is a 4x5 closure. butterfly_2957 I I hope it's a free style closure! I will have to ask once I get on Aliexpress. All I can say is it is a "top closure" b/c I'm still new to closures and all Smile this is close to what it looks like but a different texture since it is being custom made http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Chinese-virgin-hair-Kinky-curl-top-closure/316876_494732416.html

thanks for the suggestions but i just want to know if I can do that stuff with a closure? B/c I was originally going to make a wig out of it so I can freely move the closure wig to the part I want. But i cannot make a wig anymore so now that I'm probably going to have to sew it in, I just want to know if a closure that is 4x5 can do the 3 parts and maybe a slick back style? 

and if not, i just wanted to know if there are any other options like using clips so I can take it off and move it around? 

thanks thebombdotkom :) I've seen her video and that's what caused me to come here cause I noticed she only kept it in one part and parted one part of her hair that she matched her closure up with. 

I'm not sure if you can do a slicked back style with a closure. I haven't been able to, but maybe other members can chime in with their experiences. You can definitely do the 3 parts as long as you line the closure up right. I would do it a little off center, depending on how deep your want your side parts to be.

I know some members have clipped closures on but the most popular method is probably the elastic band method, which allows the closure to lay flat. I haven't personally done this, but I think I'm going to do it for my next install. Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:46pm
... this is probably a dumb questionEmbarrassed but are there closures for the back of your hair? I'm doing another BC and I want to people to put the hair in high ponytails and stuff. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:54pm
thebombdotkom  the forum is not allowing me to reply directly to you.only works if i do Quick Reply. yeah i've seen the elastic method! i actually ran across this youtube video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHeRD84Sin0%20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHeRD84Sin0  where she pins her closure back a bit while she's installing it ... so i'm a little hopeful here! LOL

can anyone help me with the hyper link thing? i keep using the "insert hyperlink" but it's only putting the link down twice instead of making it a hyperlink. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>