Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'd rather go to hell than to a homophobic heaven
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I'd rather go to hell than to a homophobic heaven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:20am
Will he go to a racist heaven?
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:26am
anything is better than here
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:32am
Playing devils advocate: so...if he would go against God to prove a point? If God says its not ok, then it's not ok.

Seeing as how none of us truly know what God wants, I think the statement is a strong one in a positive direction for gay rights, but in a negative direction for his own strength and belief in God. If I still believed in God I would support the movement, but I'd never say I'd go in an opposite direction from what God wants.

I feel him though.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

anything is better than here
wanna chat doc?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:06am

i don't really believe in post-life hell...

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Playing devils advocate: so...if he would go against God to prove a point? If God says its not ok, then it's not ok.

Seeing as how none of us truly know what God wants, I think the statement is a strong one in a positive direction for gay rights, but in a negative direction for his own strength and belief in God. If I still believed in God I would support the movement, but I'd never say I'd go in an opposite direction from what God wants.

I feel him though.

Clap

Great post.

Tutu is being overly dramatic, but we all see his point.  In reality I seriously doubt he'd really want to go to hell...Nobody who really understands the biblical concept of hell--eternal punishment and eternal separation from God--wishes to go there.  It certainly aint an eternal party!

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:13am
I've always had great love and admiration for Desmond Tutu. He is what a true Christian should be. That being said, I always felt he was himself a mostly abstinent gay man, which probably gives him more insight into the issue
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

I can understand where he is coming from. Many are quite ugly in their feelings and treatment of others including gays, while claiming to live a good life. However I suppose it is easier for many to hone in and harp on Visible "sins" such as gays, thus the homophobia. They then brush aside other behavior as if it's nothing (because they also engage in it). I was channel flipping and saw that old dusty bat Pat Robinson. He was answering a lady's letter about her husband's affairs and feeling upset but wanting to forgive. That windbag brushed aside her concerns and told her so many men cheat, that it's not a big deal. That she should think of the things he buys for her and that he keeps her belly full and clothes on her bag or something similar. Ugg....SMDH I think this is what Tutu is referring to.
Sleepy Dead ...I can't stand people like this, holy hypocrites...
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

He leaves no doubt about his opinions regarding LGTB rights, declaring:

I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this.

He added:

I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place.

South Africa's iconic archbishop is clearly still fighting for equality despite his retirement, as he went on to relate the gay rights issue to his country's tumultuous history, saying:

I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level.

When the times comes, he may not have the ease of making such a choice. Hell may be the only option since he has taken such a stance. 

It's our God given right to choose our own destiny in life. I may not agree with you but I'll fight for your rights however I'd never consider damning myself to hell for anyone.

Edited by Katrenia - Jul 29 2013 at 12:32pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Will he go to a racist heaven?

chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeee u know folks hoping for a segregated afterlife thats how god would want it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic