Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'd rather go to hell than to a homophobic heaven
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I'd rather go to hell than to a homophobic heaven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 7:40am
Well he better get his watermelon suit ready and join us heathens
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 7:41am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

i just don't get how someone can hate somebody sooo strongly for things they do in their own bedroom

But doing all types of filthy mess in their own.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I expect nothing less from a man like him. I'm glad he's speaking out.

So hypothetically...do you feel the same way?

If the Heaven promoted in the bible exists then I really don't expect to see a bunch of bigots or hate mongers up there anyway. I'm not into religion anymore so hypothetically sure, I feel the same.

Not to grill you, but I'm trying to get to the meat of this. You would rather burn in hell for all eternity than to go to a homophobic heaven? Or are you just saying that as a figure of speech because you don't believe in God?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 7:50am

I expect nothing less from a man like him. I'm glad he's speaking out.

So hypothetically...do you feel the same way?

If the Heaven promoted in the bible exists then I really don't expect to see a bunch of bigots or hate mongers up there anyway. I'm not into religion anymore so hypothetically sure, I feel the same.

Not to grill you, but I'm trying to get to the meat of this. You would rather burn in hell for all eternity than to go to a homophobic heaven? Or are you just saying that as a figure of speech because you don't believe in God?

Even though im not religious, I have a set of beliefs that I would not compromise. It's like being asked if im willing to sell my soul in exchange for forsaking people I love and family. I wouldn't do that. So I guess hell it is?

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 29 2013 at 7:51am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:06am
OP its probably meaningless since I don't believe in heaven or hell but I feel what Mr. Tutu is saying.  It is a question of morals and conviction.  

I am still an enormous fan of the bible and I don't completely dismiss ALL of the philosophies in it.  With that said there is about 20% when it comes to what I consider true morality that I can follow and embrace in a "living your life" sense.   I feel that Christians do this subconsciously.  

Example - Lets say you're walking by and you see a small group of people "stoning" a 14yr old girl.  You ask why are you doing that and they say - she's a whore.  Would you join in or tell them to stop.  That is the point at which you break from religion and moral instincts kick in because the bible says that she is indeed a whore and should be put to death.  This is what the Bishop has done and he believes strongly that if his god is w/o this same mercy he would rather go to hell.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Jul 29 2013 at 8:06am
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

God will accept his decision.

lol right? I'm sure this don't bother Him none. 
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OP its probably meaningless since I don't believe in heaven or hell but I feel what Mr. Tutu is saying.  It is a question of morals and conviction.  

I am still an enormous fan of the bible and I don't completely dismiss ALL of the philosophies in it.  With that said there is about 20% when it comes to what I consider true morality that I can follow and embrace in a "living your life" sense.   I feel that Christians do this subconsciously.  

Example - Lets say you're walking by and you see a small group of people "stoning" a 14yr old girl.  You ask why are you doing that and they say - she's a whore.  Would you join in or tell them to stop.  That is the point at which you break from religion and moral instincts kick in because the bible says that she is indeed a whore and should be put to death.  This is what the Bishop has done and he believes strongly that if his god is w/o this same mercy he would rather go to hell.

Hope that makes sense.

Okay, I haven't read the whole Bible and I'm not going to pretend that I have. But there is a big difference between the Old and the New Testament. Jesus said not to judge. When a female adulterer was discovered in the act they were going to stone her but then Jesus said "Whoever among you is without sin, cast the first stone." So Christians do know technically it isn't their place to judge.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:19am

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Hope that makes sense.

Okay, I haven't read the whole Bible and I'm not going to pretend that I have. But there is a big difference between the Old and the New Testament. Jesus said not to judge. When a female adulterer was discovered in the act they were going to stone her but then Jesus said "Whoever among you is without sin, cast the first stone." So Christians do know technically it isn't their place to judge.

Yup. Which is why I don't or at least try not to judge and let people live their lives.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:33am
Exactly Sweet and Femme.  And the bishop is taking his strong stand against people who feel it is their place to both judge and condemn homosexuals.  Its way more serious in Africa because in some areas the penalty for homosexuality is death.  
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:15am
I can understand where he is coming from. Many are quite ugly in their feelings and treatment of others including gays, while claiming to live a good life. However I suppose it is easier for many to hone in and harp on Visible "sins" such as gays, thus the homophobia. They then brush aside other behavior as if it's nothing (because they also engage in it). I was channel flipping and saw that old dusty bat Pat Robinson. He was answering a lady's letter about her husband's affairs and feeling upset but wanting to forgive. That windbag brushed aside her concerns and told her so many men cheat, that it's not a big deal. That she should think of the things he buys for her and that he keeps her belly full and clothes on her bag or something similar. Ugg....SMDH I think this is what Tutu is referring to.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic