Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I wonder if Whoopi saw this. Canada and the N word
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I wonder if Whoopi saw this. Canada and the N word

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 1:27pm
JP did you get the same cultural awareness lessons I think in social studies?  In Ontario or QC?

Another thing might be that our "class" was pretty much the same from pre-kindergarten up to high school. They sifted us into categories in half day daycare and it stayed the same from there.

There were a lot of dynamics at play and I don't yet understand them all

Not sure how much was institutional, circumstantial, cultural, etc
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 1:32pm

Hmm maybe some incidents missed me because I was in the house lol my parents also didn't allow me to go anywhere like over friends houses, sleepovers etc 

Doesn't sound too bad, relatively, from what we hear now, but it's a completely different story when you're living it, sorry that happened, relieved high school was better

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 1:46pm
Leaving the Town does not solve the problem.   

Running away in not a solution....Educate the dumbarses
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:34pm
Sad he have to go through this home schooling would be nice but don't sound like that's an option.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

JP did you get the same cultural awareness lessons I think in social studies?  In Ontario or QC?

Another thing might be that our "class" was pretty much the same from pre-kindergarten up to high school. They sifted us into categories in half day daycare and it stayed the same from there.

There were a lot of dynamics at play and I don't yet understand them all

Not sure how much was institutional, circumstantial, cultural, etc

No cultural awareness lessons. Never experienced that. It was in Qc. Francophone catholic school run by nuns. Complete with corporal punishment and everything.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 13 2014 at 4:30pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:33pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:34pm
the people in that town are calling him a liar by denying that racism occurs.  how the hell do you speak for everyone?  you only know whats going on in your head not everyone else's.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:36pm
poor kid Cry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Hmm maybe some incidents missed me because I was in the house lol my parents also didn't allow me to go anywhere like over friends houses, sleepovers etc 

Doesn't sound too bad, relatively, from what we hear now, but it's a completely different story when you're living it, sorry that happened, relieved high school was better

LOL, that's very Caribbean. No sleep overs for me either. But I would play outside with kids and go into my friend's house every now and then. So I got to know the dog fairly well, to the point that he would obey if I told him to lie down or stand up or fetch. So when their home got burglarized, guess who got subjected to an interview from the cops... They were hostile. Asking my parents what they did for a living and all that (we were the only black family in the neighborhood at the time and I guess it was jarring to them that my parents owned a home with tenants. 

One thing my parents did wrong is that they never revealed to me that my friend's parents or the police suspected that my folks might have had arranged the robbery with my cooperation, seeing that I could keep their big dog quiet. So I never knew why the friendship fizzled and why that girl stopped talking to me. I found out as an adult. My parents wanted to protect me, I guess, but I don't think that was the right thing to do.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 13 2014 at 4:40pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

video

Oh, I didn't even realize he was adopted! the parents really are clueless. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic