BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I WAS ATTACKED LAST NIGHT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 9:41am
So do you think people get attacked only in the ghetto? What about people getting attacked walking to their car from a shopping mall or someone breaking into your home that was locked. You never know what will happen and if she locked her door dude could have busted her window before she had a chance to start her car. Saying she should have locked her door iafter she suffered such a brutal attack is like telling a rape victim you should have worn looser fitting clothes. She told her story to help people be more aware not to get salt rubbed in the wound.
Sponsored Links

pebbles251 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebbles251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 9:44am
Glad you are safe. I know how it feels. I too was once gun butted and attacked. Glad you fought back.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 10:14am
Getting back to the OP!!!!

I am truly glad you are okay and thank you for speading the message....sending hugs and blessings your way!!!
redbaby3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbaby3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:54am
Reading and my eyes are tearing up. I'm glad you are safe now.
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:59am
I'm not sure it this has been mentioned, but most cars can be configured to automatically lock the doors when the engine is turned on or when the car reaches a certain speed. I would suggest you check to see if yours has that option and change it to lock when you start the car. Glad you're safe. Who knew little ol Augusta could be dangerous.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 12:07pm
Thank goodness you are safe and sound - Hug.  I second India's idea of taking a self-defense class, it's useful for all of us women (and men too!).

I heard on the news just the other day where a woman was attacked in a town in TX in broad daylight coming from a CVS store.  Some of these men will not hesitate to prey on a single woman (cowardly, low-down b*sterds).

Anyway, again, glad that you're safe.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 12:11pm
I think anyone is capable of not locking your door on occasion . As I said a few pages back , I lived in Augusta for 6 Years . Downtown is not Ghetto . Like most places , crime happens anytime of the day . The police is too busy writing tickects for blacks park at a expired meters . Most of the crime is due to White male and females lurking downtown for the next drug fix .
supermodelsonya View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote supermodelsonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 2:19pm
Anywhere can be dangerous.

Even the ones who may not look like they would harm you can and often will. 

I'm sharing this information for others that may be wondering what they can do to prevent this in the future. Blaming the victim helps no one. There are times that one may have to leave their house at 2 in the morning because I know I have. We have the right to move freely regardless. 

Attacks can happen at noon, broad daylight so TIME has NOTHING to do with anything..NOR THE PARTICULAR NEIGHBORHOOD YOU'RE IN. 

USE your own judgment. 

Sometimes taking many precautions won't always stop an attack. 

Here are the three elements that happen before an attack takes place. 

1. Identify--they size you up and decide whether or not it will be worth it to attack you.

2. The Approach--They make comments to you. Ask you for the time, change, etc. 

3. Striking Distance-- They make a move to get to a point where the assault can happen. This is the stage you want to prevent at all costs. At the first two stages is where you want to shut a confrontation down. Do whatever is necessary to prevent an attack. NICENESS is not helpful in this situation. 

4. The Attack--Self explanatory

You don't have to be a martial arts queen to fend off an attack. Use everything you can to fight someone off. My aunt urinated on herself and it prevented a sexual assault once. Scream or act like you're out of your mind. 

Personally I carry a .380 Smith and Wesson with laser sight and I'm trained to use it. It helped ward off an attack I had once in a grocery store. 

Source: The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker is an excellent book. 
thecorneredcat.com for those women who are interested in defending themselves using a firearm 

Fight Like A Girl And Win: Defense Decisions for Women--by Lori Hartman Gervasi 
for those that are interested in alternative ways to defend themselves. It's very helpful

Emy-Senpai972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Emy-Senpai972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 4:00pm
First OP, I'm so sorry this happened to you... I am glad you are okay. Also, thanks for sharing.
I don't drive, but I take the bus. A few months back a girl was killed on one of the buses I take. I was scared. But I told myself that it would be stupid to be scared , looking over my shoulder, as tbh, that wouldn't be living. Now, I read your story and I'm scared to go to bed !!!!
I live on my own, in a foreign country, which is a source of terror for my Mom. I come home late sometimes. But man, maybe I should start taking self defense classes. Problem is, even with that you're never sure. I was going to tell to get a gun, but again, how can you be sure that iit's the right way ?
People are cruel, rubbing it in your face like that. It happened ! Now if we start blaming the victims, where the hell is this world going !
Take good care of yourself OP. If you can have someone at home with you, that would help. Hopefully, the fear will go away, give it some time. And DO NOT BE ASHAMED !! It was not your fault.
supermodelsonya View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote supermodelsonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 4:08pm
To the OP:

You did not deserve that. I hope that you seek some kind of counseling. It's not your fault. If someone is going to attack you, they are going to do so regardless if you take all the precautions you can take. People have been shot and killed in the midst of bodyguards for crying out loud. If they want to do it, they'll do it Plain and simple. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>