BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I WAS ATTACKED LAST NIGHT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Guidette Guidette wrote:

Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Interesting. I thought everybody locked their car doors after carjacking got popular in the 90's.

This .Im sorry this happen to u but when i get in my car first thing I do is lock the door as im going in it .He wouldn't been able to get in yur car..
Take your shoulda coulda woulda's elsewhere

OP I'm so glad your safe. And your story is definitely going to stay with me. I'm guilty of not locking my door when I get in the car. Never again. Sending you love and light as you try to get through this. Stay strong!!
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:33pm
OMG this is scarry and sad! its awful not to feel safe in your own hood! I am so sorry this happened to you! I agree its important to take care of yourself and if you can find a therapist to talk to... and join a support group! Hope you heal from this even stronger! self defense is a good idea
Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:47pm
Prayers for you, thank you for sharing. YOU ARE A SURVIVOR! 
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 1:12am
Im sorry this happened to you and hope you get better
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 1:49am
Again, thank you all. I've been at my dads this entire weekend. I will be heading home tomorrow morning, which is also the day that I do my interview with channel 6. I've been really relaxed here, so I pray that my calmness follows me home. And again, to those that say that I should've know better than to leave my doors unlocked, it actually doesn't matter. We all need to take precautions whether we are walking or driving, with or without someone with you. I just found out from someone I know, that in downtown Augusta, things like this happen more often than i knew. I'm new to this area, so I didn't know about the dangers downtown. She just informed me not too long ago, a couple was walking, when out of nowhere, a few men came out and beat them with baseball bats. As you see, it has nothing to do with locking your doors, though that is a step to take. This man could have attacked me while I was walking. Yes, I knew he was behind me, but there were still people walking up and down Broad St. because the bars were closing, so I didn't see him as a danger at the time. I don't want to be afraid of everyone that passes me or walks behind me. I just know now, to be more aware of my surroundings. This goes for everyone. I want to be able to speak with everyone on here again, and I don't want anyone to come on here with a story similar to mine. This experience has taught me a great lesson that I'm more than happy to share with everyone, and hopefully, it will reach more after this interview airs on t.v. Goodnight to everyone, and although I don't know you all, I love you guys. You are my viral sisters! Wink  Hug
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 4:37am
Wow! I am really sorry to hear your story and I am glad you are a surviver!

It seems like you have a little PTST right now and particularly around car situations and strangers but do get some help and take care of yourself.

My input on how this could have been avoided. I say this for anyone reading this to the OP (hindsight is 20/20) but ... I when I hear of something like this I always to see ways that it could have been avoided.

First, thing I NEVER think it's a good idea to go out alone at 2:00 unless it's an emergency and I am going to someone's house. If I am coming home from a party etc and I am on the lookout.

Second, whenever I am on the street and I approach a cluster of guys that LOOK ... off. Like they are thugs, homeless, evil or just plain poor looking ... I will make an immediate about face. I don't go anywhere near them. I don't care if it's wrong to avoid people - especially Black guys - based on their looks. MY WELFARE is more important than hurting some strangers feelings.

So I don't think the unlocked car was where you went wrong either. I think when you saw that knot
of rough guys - you should have not gotten anywhere near them. This should have triggered your surviver instincts to recognize that you would be an easy 'mark' for them. You said one of the guys even said something about that not being a safe place to walk for a woman. I'll bet HE KNEW something was up and was trying to warn you...

But you kept going so when you came back around again ... that creep was waiting for you.

I AM NOT BLAMING YOU OP!! This was a horrible experience and no one should have to go through this!

My point is I never even in broad daylight ... walk close to a knot of dusty looking dudes. This sends up my antenna immediately and usually change my course waaaay earlier so it is not obvious that I am avoiding them.

Women are not 'safe' just walking down the street minding their own business and this is usually how innocent people get assaulted. Too many crazys out there looking for a victim.

I know people reading this will say I am wrong to feel this way.. (shrugs) but I don't care.  I live,work and socialize in areas where dusky folk do not hang out sooo if I see a group of them .. they stand out immediately as ... odd.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jun 17 2013 at 4:47am
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 7:09am
^^^^^.... IT HAPPENED ALREADY....AND I KNOW OP LEARNED FROM IT....NO NEED TO RUB SALT IN HER WOUNDS.AngryAngry . AND LEARN THIS MS PRINTER INK...SOMETIMES NO MATTER HOW MUCH PRECAUTION YOU YTAKE THINGS STILL DO HAPPEN .

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Jun 17 2013 at 7:10am
NoirPur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote NoirPur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Interesting. I thought everybody locked their car doors after carjacking got popular in the 90's.

Victim blaming at its finest... Because she made the mistake of not locking her door she deserved to get kicked and punched in the head. It's especially sad when other females do this. 

OP- your story brought tears to my eyes; glad you're safe. 
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 8:26am
@ExotiqBeautii I am glad you are safe, sorry this happened to you
. I hope you can look passed the criticisms and feed off the positive messages(online and offline). May you heal from this. And no matter what people tell you, remember that this was not your fault, you did not ask for this to happen, repeat this to yourself whenever you feel different (It's normal to experience a roller coaster of emotions with a traumatic event such as this.).

@Prazol60 your criticism was not constructive, in fact the total opposite, especially for an already traumatized person.

@Printer_ink
Quote I don't care if it's wrong to avoid people - especially Black guys - based on their looks.

It is interesting how you should mention to really be on the look out for black guys.... I could tell you plenty of events like this involving white guys but would I warn people to be on the look out for white guys?Nope, because I know generalizations are futile and pointless.
This says more about the person you are than about black guys in general and not in a positive way either.

And yes, shady guys in general are to be avoided, but guess what, it's also those handsome looking seemingly kindhearted guys that can end up doing a 360 on people just because they don't like to be told they can not have you or because they're looking for that thrill that the moral sides of their lives can not offer. That's the reality of things.

Of course women should be careful, but it's all in hindsight now and your destructive criticism packed in advice is misplaced in this thread.

She typed this because she needed to vent and help others in the process, not to read criticism on things she already knows and probably has told herself over and over again in her mind, while at the same time trying to come to terms with the fact that she was victimized and she did not ask for that by her actions.

Take your hidden agenda elsewhere.

Edited by Ritle - Jun 17 2013 at 8:42am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 8:51am
As I said a couple of times... I WAS NOT BLAMING the OP.

I said this to help people AVOID being in this situation .. and I stand by it.

I do not think it is ever a good idea to be off in some ghetto area at 2:00, approaching those thugs as she recognized they were.One even asked for money and she said all she did not have cash - all she had was an ATM card. Ahh so now they know you have access to money. And then the one guy tried to warned her? The OP even said it was the ghettio.

All these things tell me her instincts were not broadcasting 'warning'  bells.

Again, I am not blaming the victim because what happened to her was uncalled for. But my point was the unlocked car door was not her mistake. I would think you'd want to learn from someone's mistake and the moral to this terrible event was .. stay clear of dusky dudes. Period.

You guys just decided to skip over this part. Confused

Whatever though. If you think it's okay to walk through the ghetto alone as women ... have at it. Not my problem.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jun 17 2013 at 8:52am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style