Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

I WAS ATTACKED LAST NIGHT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I WAS ATTACKED LAST NIGHT!
    Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:15am
I know this is not the right thread to post this in, so if someone can please help guide me to the right forum, that would be very helpful. But here's my story:

I'm currently redoing my 6 year old's room over while all of my kids are spending the summer at their grandparent out of town. My husband works for the US ARMY and is currently deployed, so I'm home by myself. I'm planning on surprising her when they returned home in August. I stay up late until the wee hours working on this project, because I'm building her bed from scratch and amongst other things (painting, reorganizing, etc).

Thursday morning,  I was still working on it, and I had only eaten a sandwich for the day and began to get hungry again. At about 1:45, I decided to get something to eat. I didn't have anything to eat in the house, and I live in a suburb area and all the stores and restaurants close early,  so I chose to go downtown (Augusta, GA on Broad St.) to a restaurant that stays open until 4 am. I got downtown around 2 am, and realized that the restaurant was closed for the morning. I didn't know their late hours only happened during the weekend, so I decided to go a few blocks down the street to check out the bars for an appetizer.

I saw three men talking outside near the bar and one of the men with a backpack on (a homeless looking older gentleman) asked me for $2, but I told him I only had my debit card on me. The one in a white t-shirt told me I should never walk alone downtown by myself this late I night.   Stupidly, I shrugged it off and continued walking. I saw that although there were still patrons inside, both bars were closing down for the morning, so I began walking back to my car. Passing by the men again, I looked in the opposite direction to avoid conversation.

The third man was wearing a wife beater tank top, and although I didn't know it at the time, he was following me. I just thought he was walking to the bar a block down and across the street, because it was still open as well. I heard him describing to someone on the phone, what street he was currently on, but didn't really pay attention to what he was saying, until thinking about it later on. I always unlock my car when I'm about 20 feet away, just for safety precautions. I climbed in my SUV, closed the door and started the ignition.

Immediately after that, the man in the wife beater opened my driver's side door, and said something to me, but I couldn't hear because of the music, so I turned my stereo down. He then said, "Give me all your money!" I smelled alcohol on his breath, so I just thought he was drunk and tried to push him away to close my door.  I told him no, i don't have any cash, and that I only had a debit card. With his left hand gripped on to my door, he resisted my push and became angry. Next, he said, "Then you need to give up your debit card and the pin number! Don't play with me, because I will assault you!" Again, I said no and pushed him away knocking his phone out of his hand, and instantly, he began to punch me in my head over and over, and demanded me to scoot over to the passenger's side seat.

I was taught to never go with someone when they are trying to take you away from your environment; that will only raise your chances of getting murdered. I refused his request and he began punching me again. This entire time, I screamed for help, but no one came. I saw an opening between his body and the door, so I dashed through him and began running down the street. I was wearing flip flops, so I kicked them off because they were making me run slower. In that instant he reached for me and grabbed my hair and pulled me back. I only got away for a brief second, because he then grabbed my jumper pant suit and ripped my clothes off. He then pushed me to the floor and continued to kick and punch me on my back, legs, arms, neck, and head. Trying to cover myself up, I wasn't able to protect my body at the same time.

I heard a few people coming up the street and yelling, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. After getting up, I saw the man running to my vehicle and one of the good Samaritans threw his beer bottle, aiming for the guy whom attacked me. He missed him and hit my car instead, so he ran to my vehicle and attempted to pull the man out, but was unsuccessful. The man hit my car in reverse and sped off down the street.

One of the detectives on the scene found his cellphone on the ground next to where I had parked. I was out there for a few hours, while the people that helped me, stood around giving their statements as witnesses. During this time, I noticed that the man in the white t shirt was walking towards the officer that was speaking to me. He told the officer he "kind of" knew the man whom attacked me. In the black ghetto community, I know you're not supposed to snitch, so I knew he was contemplating whether or not he should give the man's true identity to the officer, but he ended up telling him the truth, that he knew exactly who he was and that he knew where he stayed, and for that, I'm thankful for. He told the officer that he saw his friend running up to me, but didn't know he was going to attack me.

Afterwards the officer that noticed a cellphone with the back part and battery next to the phone. He asked if I was parked here, and I told him it was. Later on, the detective told me right when he put the phone back together, that his mom had called it. The detective answered and said they were investigating a shooting and that they think her son was shot because they found his phone. They told her to call them as soon as her son returned home so that they can confirm whether it was him or not, so she wouldn't know about the incident that happened and would try to help him escape. Sure enough about 2-3 hours later, they received a call from her telling them that her son just walked through the door and that he looked okay. They went to his house immediately and arrested him.

The detective later told me that he found my car, and that it was dumped in a "Sketchy" neighborhood. I went to the hospital where they checked me out, and prescribe me pain killers and muscle relaxers. I was being watched over that night, because I came out with only a swollen face and neck and a sore body. There were no broken or fractured bones, and the doctor said I was surprisingly okay, and I would be hurting over the next week or so while I recovered, but that was it!

He took a few high valued items out of my car and turned it inside out (Everything was scattered everywhere, but the most important thing to me, my life, he did not take.

I'm telling this to you all, because i want you to be safe, aware, and cautious wherever you go, day or night. Yes, I unlock my door before getting to my vehicle, but my mistake was, I didn't lock my door afterwards. I'm happy that this happened to me, because I was not scared and I fought off my assailant. GOD put him in my life for a reason, because the way he was so comfortable with the situation, I'm almost sure that he's done it before and would've did it again. I possibly saved someone's life in the future, because if he were to do it again, he probably would've taken it a step further.

Yes, I'm in excruciating pain, but it does not take away the happiness I feel in my heart, that I was not permanently brain damaged, in a coma, or dead. I went to the store close by my house tonight at about ten, and I swear I kept thinking he was out there and was waiting to attack me again, even though I know he's in jail. I'm jumpy now, and every time I go outside, my heart starts beating fast. When I got in my car last night for the first time since the incident, I locked my door four different times before I got to the store, and the drive is only about 2 minutes from my house. I can't stop myself from doing these things even though I try. I keep looking out the windows and before I open my front door, I check multiple times before going outside. I spent hours shaking uncontrollably. I'm suspicious of every car and person now, because i keep thinking it's him, but I can't stop myself from thinking this way and it really sucks. I'm really paranoid and I just want to stay inside now, but I know i can't let him control my life. Please pray for me!

I want to share my story with every one, and to educate those whom are vulnerable. The news channel contacted me, and asked to interview me for a story, and I am more than happy to do the interview. I want to get my story out to as many people as I can, because I want everyone to know the dangers that are out there, and that it can happen to anyone. I would really appreciate it if you all would share my story.Thank you for reading, and I'm blessed to get this opportunity to share with you all.

Special thanks to Josh, Sadie, and Emily, the one's whom helped me the most that night and saved my life.
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:37am
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

I know this is not the right thread to post this in, so if someone can please help guide me to the right forum, that would be very helpful. But here's my story:

I'm currently redoing my 6 year old's room over while all of my kids are spending the summer at their grandparent out of town. My husband works for the US ARMY and is currently deployed, so I'm home by myself. I'm planning on surprising her when they returned home in August. I stay up late until the wee hours working on this project, because I'm building her bed from scratch and amongst other things (painting, reorganizing, etc).

Thursday morning,  I was still working on it, and I had only eaten a sandwich for the day and began to get hungry again. At about 1:45, I decided to get something to eat. I didn't have anything to eat in the house, and I live in a suburb area and all the stores and restaurants close early,  so I chose to go downtown (Augusta, GA on Broad St.) to a restaurant that stays open until 4 am. I got downtown around 2 am, and realized that the restaurant was closed for the morning. I didn't know their late hours only happened during the weekend, so I decided to go a few blocks down the street to check out the bars for an appetizer.

I saw three men talking outside near the bar and one of the men with a backpack on (a homeless looking older gentleman) asked me for $2, but I told him I only had my debit card on me. The one in a white t-shirt told me I should never walk alone downtown by myself this late I night.   Stupidly, I shrugged it off and continued walking. I saw that although there were still patrons inside, both bars were closing down for the morning, so I began walking back to my car. Passing by the men again, I looked in the opposite direction to avoid conversation.

The third man was wearing a wife beater tank top, and although I didn't know it at the time, he was following me. I just thought he was walking to the bar a block down and across the street, because it was still open as well. I heard him describing to someone on the phone, what street he was currently on, but didn't really pay attention to what he was saying, until thinking about it later on. I always unlock my car when I'm about 20 feet away, just for safety precautions. I climbed in my SUV, closed the door and started the ignition.

Immediately after that, the man in the wife beater opened my driver's side door, and said something to me, but I couldn't hear because of the music, so I turned my stereo down. He then said, "Give me all your money!" I smelled alcohol on his breath, so I just thought he was drunk and tried to push him away to close my door.  I told him no, i don't have any cash, and that I only had a debit card. With his left hand gripped on to my door, he resisted my push and became angry. Next, he said, "Then you need to give up your debit card and the pin number! Don't play with me, because I will assault you!" Again, I said no and pushed him away knocking his phone out of his hand, and instantly, he began to punch me in my head over and over, and demanded me to scoot over to the passenger's side seat.

I was taught to never go with someone when they are trying to take you away from your environment; that will only raise your chances of getting murdered. I refused his request and he began punching me again. This entire time, I screamed for help, but no one came. I saw an opening between his body and the door, so I dashed through him and began running down the street. I was wearing flip flops, so I kicked them off because they were making me run slower. In that instant he reached for me and grabbed my hair and pulled me back. I only got away for a brief second, because he then grabbed my jumper pant suit and ripped my clothes off. He then pushed me to the floor and continued to kick and punch me on my back, legs, arms, neck, and head. Trying to cover myself up, I wasn't able to protect my body at the same time.

I heard a few people coming up the street and yelling, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. After getting up, I saw the man running to my vehicle and one of the good Samaritans threw his beer bottle, aiming for the guy whom attacked me. He missed him and hit my car instead, so he ran to my vehicle and attempted to pull the man out, but was unsuccessful. The man hit my car in reverse and sped off down the street.

One of the detectives on the scene found his cellphone on the ground next to where I had parked. I was out there for a few hours, while the people that helped me, stood around giving their statements as witnesses. During this time, I noticed that the man in the white t shirt was walking towards the officer that was speaking to me. He told the officer he "kind of" knew the man whom attacked me. In the black ghetto community, I know you're not supposed to snitch, so I knew he was contemplating whether or not he should give the man's true identity to the officer, but he ended up telling him the truth, that he knew exactly who he was and that he knew where he stayed, and for that, I'm thankful for. He told the officer that he saw his friend running up to me, but didn't know he was going to attack me.

Afterwards the officer that noticed a cellphone with the back part and battery next to the phone. He asked if I was parked here, and I told him it was. Later on, the detective told me right when he put the phone back together, that his mom had called it. The detective answered and said they were investigating a shooting and that they think her son was shot because they found his phone. They told her to call them as soon as her son returned home so that they can confirm whether it was him or not, so she wouldn't know about the incident that happened and would try to help him escape. Sure enough about 2-3 hours later, they received a call from her telling them that her son just walked through the door and that he looked okay. They went to his house immediately and arrested him.

The detective later told me that he found my car, and that it was dumped in a "Sketchy" neighborhood. I went to the hospital where they checked me out, and prescribe me pain killers and muscle relaxers. I was being watched over that night, because I came out with only a swollen face and neck and a sore body. There were no broken or fractured bones, and the doctor said I was surprisingly okay, and I would be hurting over the next week or so while I recovered, but that was it!

He took a few high valued items out of my car and turned it inside out (Everything was scattered everywhere, but the most important thing to me, my life, he did not take.

I'm telling this to you all, because i want you to be safe, aware, and cautious wherever you go, day or night. Yes, I unlock my door before getting to my vehicle, but my mistake was, I didn't lock my door afterwards. I'm happy that this happened to me, because I was not scared and I fought off my assailant. GOD put him in my life for a reason, because the way he was so comfortable with the situation, I'm almost sure that he's done it before and would've did it again. I possibly saved someone's life in the future, because if he were to do it again, he probably would've taken it a step further.

Yes, I'm in excruciating pain, but it does not take away the happiness I feel in my heart, that I was not permanently brain damaged, in a coma, or dead. I went to the store close by my house tonight at about ten, and I swear I kept thinking he was out there and was waiting to attack me again, even though I know he's in jail. I'm jumpy now, and every time I go outside, my heart starts beating fast. When I got in my car last night for the first time since the incident, I locked my door four different times before I got to the store, and the drive is only about 2 minutes from my house. I can't stop myself from doing these things even though I try. I keep looking out the windows and before I open my front door, I check multiple times before going outside. I spent hours shaking uncontrollably. I'm suspicious of every car and person now, because i keep thinking it's him, but I can't stop myself from thinking this way and it really sucks. I'm really paranoid and I just want to stay inside now, but I know i can't let him control my life. Please pray for me!

I want to share my story with every one, and to educate those whom are vulnerable. The news channel contacted me, and asked to interview me for a story, and I am more than happy to do the interview. I want to get my story out to as many people as I can, because I want everyone to know the dangers that are out there, and that it can happen to anyone. I would really appreciate it if you all would share my story.Thank you for reading, and I'm blessed to get this opportunity to share with you all.

Special thanks to Josh, Sadie, and Emily, the one's whom helped me the most that night and saved my life.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:38am
Glad you're safe post this in ttt and stay in the house!
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:50am
Interesting. I thought everybody locked their car doors after carjacking got popular in the 90's.
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:50am
Hi Girlie. I'm sorry this happened to you, but THANK GOD for his mercy and the fact that you made it out of this situation alive and safe. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for sharing. Hugs.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 5:32am
Poor baby!!! When you said he started pulling off your clothes I started crying!
I'm glad you are ok, I can only imagine your fear!!
&& I know It doesn't help that hubby is away, but be strong untill he returns and please be careful!

God Bless, and thank GOD you are alive!!
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 5:42am
HugHug I'm so Glad you are ok.... When I was in undergrad, my friend told me about a similar story that happened to her and ever since then I'm always extra cautious when locking my doors especially when I'm alone...

Stay safe chica and seek counseling for PTSD because you don't want to be afraid every time you step out of your house.

Edited by GphiD08 - Jun 15 2013 at 5:45am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 7:42am
I thank God that you are safe and he was arrested. I almost always lock my car as second nature. I lived in ny and while in taxis the doors can swing open at anytime. That just stuck in my head. Car's no automatically lock once you pull off. OP sorry this happened to you. Crazy things and people lurk in the middle of the night just waiting to prey on innocent people.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 7:57am

I use to live in Augusta next door to the masters . My friend Alan owns Downtown Pawn shop . The side of his building in what looks like a empty place offers drunks , addicts, and hookers a place to hang out . The police are fully aware . Once you past the James Brown tribute area things really get dangerous . I never went down town late at night after i saw so many crimes . Thank God you are ok . Take a self defense class . Ask God to take the mental burden off your mind .

morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 8:03am
prazol60 dont be an assshole.

I'm glad your are safe, chica. We as women are easy targets when we are alone. I hope you seek counselling because this is a very traumatic experience. Take care
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic