Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

i want to dye my hair a ash brown color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Bootiful Cream

Author
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

The  OP requested to not use hair color. Let's see you  answer that.

The OP requested not to use chemicals. This rules out hydrogen peroxide (your recommendation) and and ash brown rinse (also your recomendation). This leaves us with natural alternatives such as fresh squeezed lemon juice with the aid of sunlight (I find it works better than a blowdryer in my experience)  to lighten and to color, a combination of herbs, fruit juices, tea, coffee, can be used. There's also a few natural herbal haircolor brands that can be found at places like Whole Food or any homeopathic, organic, heath food type store. One brand is called Light Mountain http://www.light-mountain-hair-color.com/chart-natural.php it's found at Whole Foods for about $7. Love this brand! The instructions are clear and very easy. I reccomend using a bit of condtioner when risning to help get all the herbal particles out.  There's also Rainbow Research http://www.rainbowresearch.com/index.php?cPath=24&osCsid=56b79ecf0a1f451862433ead073ee75e you can purchase form the website or buy it locally. I'm not too fond of this brand actually. It made hy hair feel very dry and it took a few warm coconut oil treatments to get my hair back in order. I'm sure there are a few other brands if you have some local organic beauty/grocery shops in your area. Humans have been using fruits, herbs, roots, barks, blood etc for hundreds of thousands of years to color hair, skin and cloth. Smile

Edited by RedSoxtober - Apr 18 2013 at 11:10pm
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 11:22pm
This is a henna which will not lighten hair. Honey contains peroxide which will lighten hair.  Good call on the lemon though. We can agree that lemon and honey  can lighten the required few shades.  Heat & conditioning  cap, perhaps over night.

Shimmer Lights

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 19 2013 at 10:49am
bigsun11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsun11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:52am

Now the hair coloring is to hurt the hair, make hair brown without nutrition. In fact, it is the most natural color, I mean not dyed the color of the best. http://www.rctophobby.com/ - http://www.rctophobby.com/ Just keep it.

Edited by bigsun11 - Apr 24 2013 at 12:54am
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:09am
My hair is ash... Unfortunately there is no way to achieve an ash brown or blonde without chemically processing (and maintaining with plenty of blue base toning)... This is because black hair naturally has more rusty pigments, so if it were to naturally lighten to brown (i.e. w/ honey or lemon juice) it would have a more brassy base. Ash colors are blue base, which if you're not naturally ash brown would make it nearly impossible to achieve without chemically altering the Eumelanin in your hair strands.
AfricanLove1415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfricanLove1415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by GoldieLocks GoldieLocks wrote:

My hair is ash... Unfortunately there is no way to achieve an ash brown or blonde without chemically processing (and maintaining with plenty of blue base toning)... This is because black hair naturally has more rusty pigments, so if it were to naturally lighten to brown (i.e. w/ honey or lemon juice) it would have a more brassy base. Ash colors are blue base, which if you're not naturally ash brown would make it nearly impossible to achieve without chemically altering the Eumelanin in your hair strands.

What if i use 40 developer just to lighten it
greice12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greice12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 2:53am
Smilethat's right!dyes too much is not good for you healthy,trust me.

Edited by greice12 - May 28 2013 at 3:00am
Kaziamesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaziamesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:58am
I recommend doing highlights with ash as it can look  without some variation. You will also need to bleach your hair and tone it all over first to get the brown out of your hair, and to try and get it the same colour/tone all over. I would dye it ash all over, see how it looks, and consider highlights as a separate process a few weeks later if you find the ash blonde looks a little lifeless...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic