Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I want my biracial kids to be color blind- eve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

I want my biracial kids to be color blind- eve

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>


Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 11 2007
Location: US - Arizona
Status: Offline
Points: 32427
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:38am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

lol most women who marry ir give up their cultural identity when raising kids so it would expecting too much from eve to do the opposite
I dont know if this is a myth but I always thought Black Mothers raised primarly Black rooted children and White mothers with Black husbands raised children with the mindsets of primarly white people.... i could be wrong and I guess the child ultimately forms there own raicial idenity! But the mixed people with Black mothers always seemed more "down" with it for lack of a better word. Like thier hair was always done etc.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 26 2010
Location: inyomouf
Status: Offline
Points: 95369
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:46am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

lol most women who marry ir give up their cultural identity when raising kids so it would expecting too much from eve to do the opposite
I dont know if this is a myth but I always thought Black Mothers raised primarly Black rooted children and White mothers with Black husbands raised children with the mindsets of primarly white people.... i could be wrong and I guess the child ultimately forms there own raicial idenity! But the mixed people with Black mothers always seemed more "down" with it for lack of a better word. Like thier hair was always done etc.


yup you are wrong, alicia keys thinks of herself as a black woman, and was raised by a white mother.
Back to Top
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 08 2010
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 314426
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 4:33am
Most of the folk with white mothers I see are raised pretty....black....cause their mothers are into black things....like black men. 
Back to Top
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 19 2013
Location: LaLa Land
Status: Offline
Points: 5808
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:30am
What im getting is that she doesn't want her kids to judge people by their race.She may still teach them bout white privilege though.
Back to Top
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 19 2013
Location: LaLa Land
Status: Offline
Points: 5808
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I used to say I was "colorblind" but I didn't know any better then. It's hard to be colorblind in a racist world like this. I rather see all the colors and the differences.

Your avi is VERY offensive!
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Online
Points: 208419
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 8:06am
Back to Top
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 03 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 65018
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 8:27am
Seems the only answer BHM would have been satisfied* with was "i'll raise my biracial kids to identify as black"

*until someone woulda said "if u wanted black kids then u woulda had one with a black man,u cooning heaux!"
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Online
Points: 208419
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 9:08am
naw zollah zolloh.  why what u're saying has some merit, however, i'm tellin' u that what she said was some mineral oil dipped 9 ether cooning with a 6 ether hope top spin.  
 
not that i'm tryna come for u or anything but...I mean is she even engaged to the guy to be talmbout any biracial kids she might have?  Nope.  She spoke like it was a forgone conclusion that her children will be biracial


Edited by newdiva1 - May 11 2013 at 9:10am
Back to Top
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 03 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 65018
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

naw zollah zolloh.  why what u're saying has some merit, however, i'm tellin' u that what she said was some mineral oil dipped 9 ether cooning with a 6 ether hope top spin.  
 
not that i'm tryna come for u or anything but...I mean is she even engaged to the guy to be talmbout any biracial kids she might have?  Nope.  She spoke like it was a forgone conclusion that her children will be biracial

What she said doesn't bother me because there's no answer she could have given that couldn't have elicited some reaction from someone. But I think some people use the term "colorblind" wrongly, they actually mean they will expose their kids to both cultures and not pick one over the other. To me "colorblind" means naivety about racial matters. Meh, I could be wrong about what Eve means but that's my interpretation.

And she was asked about her hypothetical children, she didn't just pop off about biracial kids from nowhere:
Originally posted by <strong>VIBE Vixen:</strong> VIBE Vixen: wrote:


Multi-ethnic families are common in Hollywood. Kim Kardashian recently talked about raising her biracial child to never see color. Also, Halle Berry said that she believes in the “one drop rule.” If you and Max have children, what will you teach them about race and their identity?
I don’t want them to see color. I never did. I grew up in the hood and my mother was very good at it not being a black thing, even though I grew up around all black people. I want them to want to know everything about all kinds of races. I’m a black woman and I love being a black woman. And I think my child should know that black part of themselves. But at the same time, their father would be white and I would want them to know that side of themselves. And British! That’s a whole other situation [Laughs].

 
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Online
Points: 208419
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

naw zollah zolloh.  why what u're saying has some merit, however, i'm tellin' u that what she said was some mineral oil dipped 9 ether cooning with a 6 ether hope top spin.  
 
not that i'm tryna come for u or anything but...I mean is she even engaged to the guy to be talmbout any biracial kids she might have?  Nope.  She spoke like it was a forgone conclusion that her children will be biracial

What she said doesn't bother me because there's no answer she could have given that couldn't have elicited some reaction from someone. But I think some people use the term "colorblind" wrongly, they actually mean they will expose their kids to both cultures and not pick one over the other. To me "colorblind" means naivety about racial matters. Meh, I could be wrong about what Eve means but that's my interpretation.

And she was asked about her hypothetical children, she didn't just pop off about biracial kids from nowhere:
Originally posted by <strong>VIBE Vixen:</strong> VIBE Vixen: wrote:


Multi-ethnic families are common in Hollywood. Kim Kardashian recently talked about raising her biracial child to never see color. Also, Halle Berry said that she believes in the “one drop rule.” If you and Max have children, what will you teach them about race and their identity?
I don’t want them to see color. I never did. I grew up in the hood and my mother was very good at it not being a black thing, even though I grew up around all black people. I want them to want to know everything about all kinds of races. I’m a black woman and I love being a black woman. And I think my child should know that black part of themselves. But at the same time, their father would be white and I would want them to know that side of themselves. And British! That’s a whole other situation [Laughs].

 
 
 
 
OIC.  I'm still picking up some overtones.  what I read did not read the same as what u posted.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down