Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "I want my biracial kids to be color blind"- eve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"I want my biracial kids to be color blind"- eve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I used to say I was "colorblind" but I didn't know any better then. It's hard to be colorblind in a racist world like this. I rather see all the colors and the differences.

Your avi is VERY offensive!
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 8:06am
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 8:27am
Seems the only answer BHM would have been satisfied* with was "i'll raise my biracial kids to identify as black"

*until someone woulda said "if u wanted black kids then u woulda had one with a black man,u cooning heaux!"
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 9:08am
naw zollah zolloh.  why what u're saying has some merit, however, i'm tellin' u that what she said was some mineral oil dipped 9 ether cooning with a 6 ether hope top spin.  

not that i'm tryna come for u or anything but...I mean is she even engaged to the guy to be talmbout any biracial kids she might have?  Nope.  She spoke like it was a forgone conclusion that her children will be biracial

Edited by newdiva1 - May 11 2013 at 9:10am
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

naw zollah zolloh.  why what u're saying has some merit, however, i'm tellin' u that what she said was some mineral oil dipped 9 ether cooning with a 6 ether hope top spin.  

not that i'm tryna come for u or anything but...I mean is she even engaged to the guy to be talmbout any biracial kids she might have?  Nope.  She spoke like it was a forgone conclusion that her children will be biracial

What she said doesn't bother me because there's no answer she could have given that couldn't have elicited some reaction from someone. But I think some people use the term "colorblind" wrongly, they actually mean they will expose their kids to both cultures and not pick one over the other. To me "colorblind" means naivety about racial matters. Meh, I could be wrong about what Eve means but that's my interpretation.

And she was asked about her hypothetical children, she didn't just pop off about biracial kids from nowhere:
Originally posted by <strong>VIBE Vixen:</strong> VIBE Vixen: wrote:

Multi-ethnic families are common in Hollywood. Kim Kardashian recently talked about raising her biracial child to never see color. Also, Halle Berry said that she believes in the “one drop rule.” If you and Max have children, what will you teach them about race and their identity?
I don’t want them to see color. I never did. I grew up in the hood and my mother was very good at it not being a black thing, even though I grew up around all black people. I want them to want to know everything about all kinds of races. I’m a black woman and I love being a black woman. And I think my child should know that black part of themselves. But at the same time, their father would be white and I would want them to know that side of themselves. And British! That’s a whole other situation [Laughs].

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

What she said doesn't bother me because there's no answer she could have given that couldn't have elicited some reaction from someone. But I think some people use the term "colorblind" wrongly, they actually mean they will expose their kids to both cultures and not pick one over the other. To me "colorblind" means naivety about racial matters. Meh, I could be wrong about what Eve means but that's my interpretation.

And she was asked about her hypothetical children, she didn't just pop off about biracial kids from nowhere:
Originally posted by <strong>VIBE Vixen:</strong> VIBE Vixen: wrote:

Multi-ethnic families are common in Hollywood. Kim Kardashian recently talked about raising her biracial child to never see color. Also, Halle Berry said that she believes in the “one drop rule.” If you and Max have children, what will you teach them about race and their identity?
I don’t want them to see color. I never did. I grew up in the hood and my mother was very good at it not being a black thing, even though I grew up around all black people. I want them to want to know everything about all kinds of races. I’m a black woman and I love being a black woman. And I think my child should know that black part of themselves. But at the same time, their father would be white and I would want them to know that side of themselves. And British! That’s a whole other situation [Laughs].

OIC.  I'm still picking up some overtones.  what I read did not read the same as what u posted.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Carmensworld Carmensworld wrote:

I used to say I was "colorblind" but I didn't know any better then. It's hard to be colorblind in a racist world like this. I rather see all the colors and the differences.

lol bbpants will do what she wants, when she wants and she doesn't give a fuggLOL
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:55pm
After reading the response I don't see an issue........
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by Carmensworld Carmensworld wrote:

lol bbpants will do what she wants, when she wants and she doesn't give a fuggLOL

LOLLOL
Malwina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malwina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:56pm
the ideal is beautiful, hard to execute in the real world
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System