Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mskraizy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I wanna color my hair
    Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 8:33pm
I've been thinking about it for awhile and I think I'm gonna take the COLOR PLUNGE. Well, really I just wanna rinse it with some color, but not everything. I wanna do the two toned look and just color the top section. I'm not really ready to go permanent yet (if ever) but do any of you ladies know of any good brands that leave a good deposit of color? I'm thinking of trying the manic panic vampire red. I either wanna go brown, red, or golden blonde (which probably won't show because it's only a rinse). Any tips? I wanna change my look up. My natural hair color is awesome, but I need something that'll bring my features out more.

Or should I go to a......hairstylist?....I really don't feel too comfortable saying that. How many of you color your own hair? I'm just itchin to change up my look!
Sponsored Links

ryoshi100 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 10:03pm
You can safely color at home however, I would suggest the first time being done by a stylist for 2 reasons.

1, you can really try to watch what she/he is doing and learn from them
2, if a mistake is made, you have someone you can hold responsible
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 1:46am
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=321563&title=hair-bleaching-and-prelightening

I documented my own experiences with a formula that required no bleaching
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=322599&title=did-it-loreal-hilights-in-magenta-on-my-fro

Alot of white kids but easy to identify stuff not for our hair, most semi-perm like manic panic
http://haircrazy.info/

Look at all her videos

She unfortunately applied her bleach at the roots first and didn't do them last so she got hot roots.

My tips would be to set in a bathroom really well and rinse outside if you can---refer to my thread about my hair dyeing process.

When I tried some manic panic in my shower, the dye would not leave!! It was super stained! I was cleaning with bleach and rubbing alcohol very often.

TEST STRANDS made me far more comfy about what was gonna happen with me hair. I've tested bleach, colors, and time lengths. Just take some hair off a brush or clip a coil (cut into into pieces if you have long hair) and tie them off with thread.

You can lighten with just developer alone it just takes along time.
http://haircrazy.info/photo-stories/making-a-pink-fro/
Notice he's got brassiness-piss yellow to orange hair- that can corrected/curbed with colorants in your bleaches, toners, and this shampoo called shimmer lights.

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Oct 12 2011 at 2:18am
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 1:56am
I color my own hair and get waaayyyy better results than the one time I went to a stylist; however, I know that isn't the typical case lol

But yes you are correct in saying you can NOTTTT rinse dark hair to blonde. It's not happening. Won't show at all . In fact, depending what color brown your hair is, putting a blonde rinse over it may even make your hair darker because it's only gonna deposit.. no lift at all

Edited by Lite Brite - Oct 12 2011 at 1:56am
DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:11am
I want hair colorrrr! That purple looked delicious!
samiro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:33am
I dyed my hair vampire red last week :D it came out amazing.
lala71848 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 10:12am
*Im in the same boat I want to color my hair also. I would like to lighten my hair and I know imma have to use bleach but I dunno how to go about trying to bleach my hair...Im not sure what kind of bleach to use. or if im suppose to use a developer im truly clueless on how I should go about this process without any damage.
I dont want to go to a hair stylist because the people in my area are not geared to natural hair and they are soo ruff when it comes to doing natural hair. So any input about bleaching hair I would appreciate it.
mskraizy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 9:13pm
Thanks everyone for the advice!

@GoatGoatetc thank you for all of that helpful information, but I don't think I wanna go permanent just yet. I did see your thread before you posted! That pink fro is THEE BOMB!!! OMG I promise I had flashes of all KINDS of outfits I could wear with that hair!

Cin75 has some AWESOME colorage goin on! And she dyed her hair my favorite color! PURPLE!!!!!! I had to repeat the results about six times before I actually let the video finish.

@Lite Brite well, that just killed my dreams. I was really into the golden blonde thing but I don't want to step foot near any bleaching to obtain it! Doesn't it loosen your texture? I wonder if I should try it anyways to see if it gives a "gold tint". I mean it's only a rinse, right?

@lala71848 I think GoatGoatetc gave a link to a thread that gave very detailed information on how to bleach. You can watch Cin75's video (the girl with the purple hair) to see how she did hers. It was a 1 oz pack of Prism Colors or something to 2 oz salon care devoloper. The details are in that video, really in GoatGoat's post. She was very detailed.

Thanks ladies! I think I'm gonna either rinse my tips red or my front middle section red and see how that looks. I don't think I'll EVER go permanent simply because I love my natural hair color. Rinsing my hair often won't do any permanent damage like loosen my texture or anything will it? I may be doing it quite a bit every few months because I've been having a serious Red Hair Syndrome and I need to cure this disease.

Thanks for the tips and advice you guys!
LetMeFixMyHurr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 5:44am
Yes bleaching will loosen your curl pattern... And a semi/Demi color will not really show up on the hair if it is not lifted first...

But you can lift with just developer and hair color... But we have to assume that you are only going up 2-3 levels... But if ladies have a Paul Mitchell school or focus salon (school will be cheaper) they have a high lift color series that will give you about 4 levels of lift without bleach
mskraizy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 12:25pm
What about rinsing my hair often? Will that alter my texture if I do it too much?

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic