Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I truly need help from you ladies. .

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VIZIONARY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VIZIONARY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I truly need help from you ladies. .
    Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 1:32pm
About 10 months ago I hit a string of bad luck.  I lost my job of 7 years and 2 weeks after that I was involved in a car crash.  A drunk driver hit me and crushed me.  I broke several ribs, my right leg and both arms were broken amoung other things.  I am thankful that I am able to walk however slow. The crash could have been worse.  What does this have to do with hair? Well about 2 weeks before all of this happened, I got box braids put in my hair and they are still in  10 months later.

Because of the crash and my fragile state I could not get my braids taken down.  I was in the hospital for amost 2 months and it has been a long long recovery for me. My hair was the last thing on my mind at that point. Well now due to the length of time that my braids have been in, I am experiencing severe matting, locking and build up.  I have tried taking down some of my braids but every time I try I get discouraged and give up after crying.  I really need some suggestions on products and methods i can use to save my hair.  Products that can help with the dirt and matting & locking, also ways to take them down.  I don't want to have to cut my hair but this is my last resort :(  I have watched so many youtube videos, but none of them truly address the issue that I am going through right now.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you...
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by VIZIONARY VIZIONARY wrote:

About 10 months ago I hit a string of bad luck.  I lost my job of 7 years and 2 weeks after that I was involved in a car crash.  A drunk driver hit me and crushed me.  I broke several ribs, my right leg and both arms were broken amoung other things.  I am thankful that I am able to walk however slow. The crash could have been worse.  What does this have to do with hair? Well about 2 weeks before all of this happened, I got box braids put in my hair and they are still in  10 months later.

Because of the crash and my fragile state I could not get my braids taken down.  I was in the hospital for amost 2 months and it has been a long long recovery for me. My hair was the last thing on my mind at that point. Well now due to the length of time that my braids have been in, I am experiencing severe matting, locking and build up.  I have tried taking down some of my braids but every time I try I get discouraged and give up after crying.  I really need some suggestions on products and methods i can use to save my hair.  Products that can help with the dirt and matting & locking, also ways to take them down.  I don't want to have to cut my hair but this is my last resort :(  I have watched so many youtube videos, but none of them truly address the issue that I am going through right now.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you...

H Hi Vizionary; So sorry to hear about you have been going through.

I don't know about de-matting Locs. Just removing tangles with lots of Conditioner and Oils.
I realize it must be very frustrating, but I have heard all the Pros say detangling requires a lot of patience,
Try doing small sections at a time even if it takes a day to do so.
Or you may run the risk of losing your hair.

All the best.   

I hope you find something that works

barbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:50am
I'm very sorry about what happen to you and is happy that you're alive. The best thing for you to do is get professional help. Go to a hairdresser and have them removed the extensions for you also, It would be easier and less painful if you let someone's else do that job especially that you're still recovering from an accident. Gud luck xoxo
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic