Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I think we dodged a bullet with Romney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I hate bhm sometimes when I hit post and it says "access denied" and I lose everything I typed.

Summary of what I attempted to post: Restorationist in this sense is synonymous to cult. You can look up "cult meaning" if you wish. Christians are not simply defined as "followers of Christ." These followers know this Christ and how to follow him from the Bible (Gen to Rev) and nothing else.The mormon book and faith is enough to be called a cult. Any addition or subtraction from Genesis to Revelations of the Bible is no longer Christianity. Non solos: a Christian philosophy that says that the Bible is sufficient for the Christian faith. I cannot call myself a follower of Christ and then add Buddhist readings to books of worship.

But, just about every sect of Christianity uses a different Bible, with something either added or subtracted. They (Mormons) arent doing anything that different from the rest, imo. 

Different editions and translations yes. A book with different teachings no.
Are we debating whether or not Mormons are Christians....if so, then I'll let you read up on that. Then we'll continue. Smile
It seems you really don't know about Mormonism in particular. Anyway, a quick reference would be sexibeach's post in this thread or page. One cannot be a Christian AND deny the trinity...that's the biggest difference b/w Christianity and Judaism or Islam.
ETA: After researching, then, you'll see why Mitt made it a point not to discuss his religion most of the time.

I know enough about it to feel comfortable with this conversation, and my opinions still stand. However, my views on Christianity as a whole are probably very different from yours, so that's likely where the disagreement stems from. Im not going to get into a whole theological argument (because that's what's likely happen), but I will say that I dont see very many differences between the religions you identify as cults and "regular" Christianity. 
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:31pm
The one unifying belief among Christians revolve around the sovereignty of Jesus Christ ... 

this is where Mormonism and Christianity differ

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:33pm
Anyways ... how does Christianity come into play in a Romney thread?

Especially considering that President Obama is a Christian?
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:41pm

I hate bhm sometimes when I hit post and it says "access denied" and I lose everything I typed.

Summary of what I attempted to post: Restorationist in this sense is synonymous to cult. You can look up "cult meaning" if you wish. Christians are not simply defined as "followers of Christ." These followers know this Christ and how to follow him from the Bible (Gen to Rev) and nothing else.The mormon book and faith is enough to be called a cult. Any addition or subtraction from Genesis to Revelations of the Bible is no longer Christianity. Non solos: a Christian philosophy that says that the Bible is sufficient for the Christian faith. I cannot call myself a follower of Christ and then add Buddhist readings to books of worship.

But, just about every sect of Christianity uses a different Bible, with something either added or subtracted. They (Mormons) arent doing anything that different from the rest, imo. 

Are we debating whether or not Mormons are Christians....if so, then I'll let you read up on that. Then we'll continue. Smile
It seems you really don't know about Mormonism in particular. Anyway, a quick reference would be sexibeach's post in this thread or page. One cannot be a Christian AND deny the trinity...that's the biggest difference b/w Christianity and Judaism or Islam.
ETA: After researching, then, you'll see why Mitt made it a point not to discuss his religion most of the time at all.

you are exactly right b/c MITT KNEW Mormon's are NOT Christians they quit talking about religion after the primaries b/c no Christians (so called) were left standing only a Mormon was.. and That's exactly why he lost the primary last time to McCain b/c Christians even on the right know that was a lie.. but they changed it this time around and told that lie b/c Romney won this primary.. they felt he was the only one that had a chance to win against Obama, so they SHUT DOWN the religion talk so Romney could gain support.. Even the head of the Southern Baptist point blank called him out on it in the Primaries and said Mormon's are Not Christians..but they shut him up b/c winning against that Black man and getting him out of the white house was more important, so they sold out Jesus Christ for Joseph Smith..so they promoted that lie with commercials saying that Mormon's are Christians, and kept the rumor going that Obama was a muslim to help Mitt win, but it didn't work b/c even Jesus knows Mormon's aren't Christians..so Jesus had Obama's back instead b/c he was the only Christian in this race..

Edited by sexibeach - Nov 21 2012 at 4:43pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Anyways ... how does Christianity come into play in a Romney thread?

Especially considering that President Obama is a Christian?

Well that was my point someone said Mitt's behavior wasn't Christian, and I said b/c Mitt isn't a Christian.. 

Edited by sexibeach - Nov 21 2012 at 4:46pm
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

ETA: After researching, then, you'll see why Mitt made it a point not to discuss his religion most of the time at all.

you are exactly right b/c MITT KNEW Mormon's are NOT Christians they quit talking about religion after the primaries b/c no Christians (so called) were left standing only a Mormon was.. and That's exactly why he lost the primary last time to McCain b/c Christians even on the right know that was a lie.. but they changed it this time around and told that lie b/c Romney won this primary.. they felt he was the only one that had a chance to win against Obama, so they SHUT DOWN the religion talk so Romney could gain support.. Even the head of the Southern Baptist point blank called him out on it in the Primaries and said Mormon's are Not Christians..but they shut him up b/c winning against that Black man and getting him out of the white house was more important, so they sold out Jesus Christ for Joseph Smith..so they promoted that lie with commercials saying that Mormon's are Christians, and kept the rumor going that Obama was a muslim to help Mitt win, but it didn't work b/c even Jesus knows Mormon's aren't Christians..so Jesus had Obama's back instead b/c he was the only Christian in this race..

Exactly! The biggest shame of all is Billy Graham's site unlisting Mormonism as a cult. That makes me also wonder why Mitt visited with him in Graham's home....to discuss religion? Politics maybe?
 B/c Graham also denies endorsing political candidates?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 7:28pm
whites dont do well with rejection
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

whites dont do well with rejection

Esp. d/t the fact that they think they are the acceptors and rejectors all things in the world. They are also they only that will come to your house and "discover" you and your family.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 8:48pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Exactly! The biggest shame of all is Billy Graham's site unlisting Mormonism as a cult. That makes me also wonder why Mitt visited with him in Graham's home....to discuss religion? Politics maybe?
 B/c Graham also denies endorsing political candidates?

I was through with Billy Graham's behind.. but I think his no count son was behind that Franklin b/c he's over the ministry now.. trying to mislead Christians by getting his father to remove them as a cult, knowing damn well they are.. it was all a set up to get support for Mitt.. but it failed. i was so disappointed how they pimped out Christians for this Mormon knowing good and damn well he ain't no Christian. But African American Christians knew better, and didn't even listen to their sold out preachers that tried to tell their members not to vote for Obama.. Thank God!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic