Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I think we dodged a bullet with Romney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Lol it took for a Mormon to run against a black man for Christians to stop giving the side eye to Mormonism. Mormonism is the spawn of a man with mental health issues.

Most (if not all) sects of Christianity come from an old man disliking the current institution, them having their "burning bush moment," and creating their own church. 

Before someone sh*ts their pants, no shade, just history. 
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Lol it took for a Mormon to run against a black man for Christians to stop giving the side eye to Mormonism. Mormonism is the spawn of a man with mental health issues.

Most (if not all) sects of Christianity come from an old man disliking the current institution, them having their "burning bush moment," and creating their own church. 

Doesn't bother me. I don't run with none of Em.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:40pm

@ms_wonderlad....I agree. And aint that a shame? The worst of all is Billy Graham!! He took of Mormonism on his websites list of cults that Christians should not be fooled by.

@ Skittlez: you may be right in a way, but if you're inferring that Mormonism is Christianity, then you're wrong. If it is, the Rastafarianism would also be considered Christianity since they both take pieces of the Bible.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

@ms_wonderlad....I agree. And aint that a shame? The worst of all is Billy Graham!! He took of Mormonism on his websites list of cults that Christians should not be fooled by.

@ Skittlez: you may be right in a way, but if you're inferring that Mormonism is Christianity, then you're wrong. If it is, the Rastafarianism would also be considered Christianity since they both take pieces of the Bible.

Actually, no. 
It's a restorationist sect of Christianity. It is what it is. 
Christian = follower of Christ, yes? They're Christians. 

Restorationism:

The term "Restorationism" or "Restorationist Movement" refers to a group of largely unrelated Christian denominations who share one important belief in common -- that Christianity went terribly astray early in its history. It experienced the Great Apostasy during which Christians abandoned many of the original teachings of Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ), Paul and other apostles.

At least when it was founded, each Restorationist denomination taught that their own faith group had recreated the original form of primitive Christianity (a.k.a. "Christian Primitivism" or "Early Christianity"), just as Yeshua and the others taught.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chrrest.htm

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:03pm

Actually, no. 

Restorationism:

The term "Restorationism" or "Restorationist Movement" refers to a group of largely unrelated Christian denominations who share one important belief in common -- that Christianity went terribly astray early in its history. It experienced the Great Apostasy during which Christians abandoned many of the original teachings of Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ), Paul and other apostles.

At least when it was founded, each Restorationist denomination taught that their own faith group had recreated the original form of primitive Christianity (a.k.a. "Christian Primitivism" or "Early Christianity"), just as Yeshua and the others taught.

I hate bhm sometimes when I hit post and it says "access denied" and I lose everything I typed.

Summary of what I attempted to post: Restorationist in this sense is synonymous to cult. You can look up "cult meaning" if you wish. Christians are not simply defined as "followers of Christ." These followers know this Christ and how to follow him from the Bible (Gen to Rev) and nothing else.The mormon book and faith is enough to be called a cult. Any addition or subtraction from Genesis to Revelations of the Bible is no longer Christianity. Non solos: a Christian philosophy that says that the Bible is sufficient for the Christian faith. I cannot call myself a follower of Christ and then add Buddhist readings to books of worship.
ladyluck171 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyluck171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

White people are still mad about Obama's win....and I'm loving every minute of it. 

Right? I'm having a damn good laugh at watching the Republicans fumble and argue amongst themselves about why they lost. I also love how they're all curb-stomping Romney in an attempt to save themselves.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:08pm

I hate bhm sometimes when I hit post and it says "access denied" and I lose everything I typed.

Summary of what I attempted to post: Restorationist in this sense is synonymous to cult. You can look up "cult meaning" if you wish. Christians are not simply defined as "followers of Christ." These followers know this Christ and how to follow him from the Bible (Gen to Rev) and nothing else.The mormon book and faith is enough to be called a cult. Any addition or subtraction from Genesis to Revelations of the Bible is no longer Christianity. Non solos: a Christian philosophy that says that the Bible is sufficient for the Christian faith. I cannot call myself a follower of Christ and then add Buddhist readings to books of worship.

But, just about every sect of Christianity uses a different Bible, with something either added or subtracted. They (Mormons) arent doing anything that different from the rest, imo. 

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Nov 21 2012 at 4:09pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

"Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.”

Ghandi

Well Mitt didn't believe is Christ he's a Mormon they are not Christians. 

Yes they are. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka, the Mormon church) is just a different sect of Christianity. Just because they dont worship like you do doesnt mean they arent Christians. That goes for Catholics as well. 

No, they know who Jesus is but they don't believe in Jesus Christ like Christians do they are not a sect of Christianity they are Mormon's... They are not Christians, they believe in the teachings of Joseph Smith the Book of Mormon, and Deny the trinity which is what Christians are all about.. and Mitt was/is a Bishop in that Church so he's down with the book of Mormons otherwise he would have never rose to that level.. Which teaches believes Jesus was the brother of Satan but yet he could have been the son of God, but there's not a Trinity that he's a part of. That ain't even close to Christianity. There's a huge difference 

starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:09pm

Actually, no. 

Restorationism:

I agree with you on this. This is why I said Seventh Day Adventism is a cult in another thread and someone disagreed with me but she didn't say why.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:13pm

But, just about every sect of Christianity uses a different Bible, with something either added or subtracted. They (Mormons) arent doing anything that different from the rest, imo. 

Different editions and translations yes. A book with different teachings no.
Are we debating whether or not Mormons are Christians....if so, then I'll let you read up on that. Then we'll continue. Smile
It seems you really don't know about Mormonism in particular. Anyway, a quick reference would be sexibeach's post in this thread or page. One cannot be a Christian AND deny the trinity...that's the biggest difference b/w Christianity and Judaism or Islam.
ETA: After researching, then, you'll see why Mitt made it a point not to discuss his religion most of the time.

Edited by MizzAmirah - Nov 21 2012 at 4:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>