you could be 4a/4b like ne
i have some coils in soem parts of my hair
but others are noo curl parrtern at all btu waves up
Sponsored Links

Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 1:15pm
wow this is old but 4b hair can have coils in it. the Z description is not the sole definitive shape of what 4b hair can look like. most 4bs can tell you that they have coils and some can even acheive a type of curl "definition" others however have no defition at all not matter what and on hairboards they consider themself 4c or cloud naps. yet the individual strands are coily in shape.they are smaller than the 4a coil range,often do not shine and may or may not have a sheen to it in its natural state.

the original poster has 4b and loulou has 4a.  Remeber 3c was added just as 4c (as a way to divide further imo.) When hair typing keep that in mind. would loulou's hair be mistakenly typed as a 3b if 3c wasnt there? so why wouldn't it be a 4a? does it lack overall curl clumping like a 4b? why would it not be accidentally labeled a 4c?

THINK.

And the low,medium, high texture thing is just unnecessary and confuses everything more.anything to help people think they have good hair right?Ermm

Its only complicated because people dont want to get rid of the good hair bad hair stigma behind hairtyping.  (I find it fun personally)

Edited by Napp - Mar 02 2009 at 1:17pm
MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 2:46pm
ooh nap..didn't know you was good at this stuff!
China View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Napp Napp wrote:

wow this is old but 4b hair can have coils in it. the Z description is not the sole definitive shape of what 4b hair can look like. most 4bs can tell you that they have coils and some can even acheive a type of curl "definition" others however have no defition at all not matter what and on hairboards they consider themself 4c or cloud naps. yet the individual strands are coily in shape.they are smaller than the 4a coil range,often do not shine and may or may not have a sheen to it in its natural state.

the original poster has 4b and loulou has 4a.  Remeber 3c was added just as 4c (as a way to divide further imo.) When hair typing keep that in mind. would loulou's hair be mistakenly typed as a 3b if 3c wasnt there? so why wouldn't it be a 4a? does it lack overall curl clumping like a 4b? why would it not be accidentally labeled a 4c?

THINK.

And the low,medium, high texture thing is just unnecessary and confuses everything more.anything to help people think they have good hair right?Ermm

Its only complicated because people dont want to get rid of the good hair bad hair stigma behind hairtyping.  (I find it fun personally)

As usual Napp, you are bang on point!Clap
PrettyBrowniz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 9:58pm
totally agree with napps..so right
jarbug85 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 12:10am
Hi every body i am new to this site. I was wondering if you all could tell me what hair type i am? I think 4a... but i am not sure...They are these lil corkscrew coils! I do have a slight texturizer, just so i can comb my hair out in the shower, but i only leave it on for like 2-3 min, so i understand my texture has been slightly altered, but not that much cuz my hair is still reallllllly kinky tho, but I LOVE It!!. So whatt'ya think? umm.. it wont let me post a pic though Confused

Edited by jarbug85 - Mar 03 2009 at 1:43pm
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 12:23am
go hed Napp.... the whole hair typing thing is confusing...
twone_nikehead View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 2:47pm
i love your color too. 
loulou82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 10:51pm
This thread popped back up? Anyway, thank you Napp for your clarification. No hair type is one single look since it only takes into consideration the curl pattern. I do think the size of the strand (fine, medium, coarse) and the overall density (thin, medium, thick) play a part also.

Here's an all natural pic of my hair co-washed and pulled into a puff. No styler added.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic