Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I think I want to do some long twists...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
wyok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 1:06pm
i had some really long ones done recently. I used marley hair. It came out nice, and it lasted a long time. took about 10 hours (thick hair)
Sponsored Links

thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2011 at 12:20am

Clap Swift, those twists are beautiful.
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2011 at 12:21pm
Nice twists SwiftThumbs Up

Does anyone know if synthetic Yaki hair would work well in twists or box braids? 
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2011 at 4:22pm
this was such an epic fail. i can't get the hair to attach to my hair at the root even with the rubberbands. 
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2011 at 4:49pm
Don't give up Slayfresh.  I had the same problem when trying to attach hair when doing my daughter's twists.  Keep practicing and try starting the twist off as a three strand braid then when the hair is attached, finish the rest of the braid as a two strand twist. 
PerfectPonytails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectPonytails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

this was such an epic fail. i can't get the hair to attach to my hair at the root even with the rubberbands. 

Oh cause you should braid them a little first then start twisting.
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 7:27am
I'll try it again some other day. it was such an epic fail. I just used two packs of the hair to make a faux bun and called it a day.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 12:44am
Originally posted by PerfectPonytails PerfectPonytails wrote:

I did these twists, with Marley Hair, it was a great brand. Not the Black and Gold brand, that stuff is too rough.

I am amazed you did this yourself!!
How long did it take you and did you 3 strand braid at the roots then 2 strand twisted to the ends?  also do you have to burn the ends or does the hair stay put without burning?

And keep at it Slay!Hug
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 7:35am
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

((HUG))
Aww Slay.  Don't give up, girl!!

When I first did them, they were not the greatest.  By the time I got to the end of the job, I was able to do them a little better.  So then I just went back and redid the first section.  I only kept my first set in for 1.5-2 weeks but that was time that I didn't have to do my hair every day. 

If you try again and they don't turn out the way you like, run with it!  Style them in a way that conceals the imperfections.  Look at loose and locced updos for inspiration.  You can do this!!

msthomas66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msthomas66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:48pm
I want to steal your pic because this is what I want for my twists.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345