Extensions Plus

I texturized my hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Starslicksim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starslicksim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I texturized my hair.
    Posted: Sep 07 2014 at 12:02pm
I texturized my hair about 2 weeks ago, i have small meduim-sized high top it didnt go to curly and now it's back to nappy can i do it again? I really want to do it again since it just went back to nappy i combed it out a bit because i was kind of new didnt know what to do now its nappy hair again i dont think i applied the s-curl properly can i do it again? how much damage will it do if i did it again now? What is the minimum time i can apply it once again, I want it to stay curly of course for some time i've been using pink oil moisturiser and washing it with just water. I want to do it again shall I or wait another 2 weeks or longer.

Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 7:39pm
I just texturized a friend's hair and got similar results but she likes it.
I used ORS lye relaxer and added about 1/3 coconut oil 2/3 relaxer, then stirred well. Applied as normal. It took 4c hair to only about 4a after normal processing time and a lot of smoothing with hands. It was kind of like a cross between a hot oil and a mild texturizer instead of a relaxer effect. The hair still feels VERY strong  and almost natural. For her this  was a desired effect! This way you get a little more manageability, less puffy but still almost natural in a way. If you want to do it again but want it still strong and undamaged maybe condition a few weeks first or even wait until your touch up and let it pass through the ends too next time when you redo in a month. It is better to be under-processed instead of over-processed and falling out.

PS Everyone's hair won't get a curly result from texturizing. some folk go from crinkly to frizzy semi-straight. It all depends on what your hair does naturally.  Try some curl moisturizer in it like Care Free Curl Instant moisturizer, it smoothes the texture some.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 13 2014 at 7:42pm
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 3:09pm
What she said. ^ 

Before you run and try to process your hair again, you need to be sure that your hair is thoroughly and ultimately moisturized. Should you decide to process your hair again, you may want to try roux porosity control prior to doing so. Hope this helps!
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:50am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I just texturized a friend's hair and got similar results but she likes it.
I used ORS lye relaxer and added about 1/3 coconut oil 2/3 relaxer, then stirred well. Applied as normal. It took 4c hair to only about 4a after normal processing time and a lot of smoothing with hands. It was kind of like a cross between a hot oil and a mild texturizer instead of a relaxer effect. The hair still feels VERY strong  and almost natural. For her this  was a desired effect! This way you get a little more manageability, less puffy but still almost natural in a way. If you want to do it again but want it still strong and undamaged maybe condition a few weeks first or even wait until your touch up and let it pass through the ends too next time when you redo in a month. It is better to be under-processed instead of over-processed and falling out.

PS Everyone's hair won't get a curly result from texturizing. some folk go from crinkly to frizzy semi-straight. It all depends on what your hair does naturally.  Try some curl moisturizer in it like Care Free Curl Instant moisturizer, it smoothes the texture some.

That's true. The hair in the crown of my hair refuses to respond to a texturizer. It goes from frizzy to overprocessed and the ends break off. This is the same hair that doesn't spiral curl when I wet it like the perimeter. Ah well...
38ktgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 38ktgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 10:44am
Shouldn't
barelyreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barelyreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2016 at 1:06pm
A friend of mine made this mistake and his hair broke off.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic